Author Topic: Good BA in 31xx (or any era)  (Read 4151 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Good BA in 31xx (or any era)
« Reply #30 on: 06 March 2018, 11:58:32 »
They are scouts . . . scouts generally avoid being fired on.  They along with the standard GDL suit had extra sensors afaik that do not make much of a impact on TT game.  For strategic purposes they are still excellent suits . . . just not cut out for stand up battles, its not their arena.

For me at one point, in built up terrain I loved them b/c they were extremely mobile for a very low BV to make leg attacks . . . which just runs counter to what I said, lol.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 06 March 2018, 14:15:18 »
They are scouts . . . scouts generally avoid being fired on.

Exactly. You want them to find the hidden stuff, the battle part is for their heavier friends. Also, they could work in COIN.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2018, 08:00:18 »
They are scouts . . . scouts generally avoid being fired on.  They along with the standard GDL suit had extra sensors afaik that do not make much of a impact on TT game.  For strategic purposes they are still excellent suits . . . just not cut out for stand up battles, its not their arena.

For me at one point, in built up terrain I loved them b/c they were extremely mobile for a very low BV to make leg attacks . . . which just runs counter to what I said, lol.

So a Grey Death Scout suit might be used for Special Operations (Loki, DEST, Seventh Kommando)? Sort of like the Nighthawk PAL from the Star League?
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #33 on: 14 March 2018, 08:16:52 »
Yeah, and honestly if your a 'big' enough merc unit to want a special forces/pathfinder small unit like the Dragoons, ELH or GDL then GD Scouts are likely all you are going to be able to get on the open market for quite a while.  I mean what mech force put in their contract a rider about buying Kage/Infiltrator Mk II/Kobold/Angerona/Achileus/etc?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register