Author Topic: Best Tech Readout for WOB?  (Read 5522 times)

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
Best Tech Readout for WOB?
« on: 30 January 2011, 22:21:21 »
What is the best Technical Readout to have that features the Word of Blake Mechs?
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Re: Best Tech Readout for WOB?
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2011, 23:22:43 »
I'm thinking TRO 3060, '67, and '75.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2011, 23:30:55 »
Exclusive to Blakist 'Mechs?

Technical Readout: 3067, which has Red Shift, Gurkha, Blue Flame, Lightray, White Flame, Legacy and Vanquisher.
TRO: 3075 deserves a mention as it lists the five Celestial OmniMechs though.

Non-exclusive but heavily Blakist used, 3050 Upgrade for the SLDF 'Mechs that the Com Guard and other factions also use or Project Phoenix for upgrade classics the Blakists basically designed the bulk of.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2011, 03:30:08 »

And the Blakist's ASFs and BAs.

3085 has some more Blake 'Mechs and tanks. Some of which never saw production by the hand of the WoB but were taken over by the RotS before they were in a production state. WoB infantry is in 3085, too.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2011, 13:49:24 »
I see

Thank you very much; I will look into those
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2011, 10:49:52 »

There are six celestial chassis. along whit six BA models and three ASF models.
 I agreed, 3060-67 and 3075 are the best sources. 3085 shows little to nothing for WoB forces.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2011, 11:07:27 »
3085 has the only Serpentus class tank we have seen so far- the Bolla- in it.
There are also designs that are now used by other factions  like the Palmoni (Trajan) or the Eidolon (Yao Lien) and also the manned versions of some Caspar II drones. And WoB infantry. So there is plenty to find.

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2011, 09:32:12 »
3075 has the celestials and much of the really fearsome BA.
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2011, 11:27:52 »
Best: TRO 3075 (Blake's elite & exclusive designs)
Runner Up: TRO 3050U (The standard vehicles, mechs and aerospace fighters that make up majority of WoB military forces)
Third: TRO 3067 (More WoB exclusives)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 10 February 2011, 11:42:53 »
3085 has the only Serpentus class tank we have seen so far- the Bolla- in it.
There are also designs that are now used by other factions  like the Palmoni (Trajan) or the Eidolon (Yao Lien) and also the manned versions of some Caspar II drones. And WoB infantry. So there is plenty to find.

there's also the Project Phoenix WoB designs in 3085.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2011, 15:56:57 »
I think we can dispel the in-universe rumor of the Bolla being the flagship of a series of OmniVehicles by now. I think the Manei Domini were influenced far more by the Clans than they'd be willing to admit; single-pilot machines ('Mechs, fighters, and battle armor) were clearly venerated above combat vehicles and even spacecraft. I don't think the MD had a single WarShip devoted to them, despite the Word's (comparative) glut of the class.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 19 February 2011, 17:16:25 »
I always thought that was a shame that more large space craft (Drop or War) weren't used by the MD. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't VDNI let one MD pilot a DropShip?

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2011, 09:12:50 »
I think we can dispel the in-universe rumor of the Bolla being the flagship of a series of OmniVehicles by now. I think the Manei Domini were influenced far more by the Clans than they'd be willing to admit; single-pilot machines ('Mechs, fighters, and battle armor) were clearly venerated above combat vehicles and even spacecraft. I don't think the MD had a single WarShip devoted to them, despite the Word's (comparative) glut of the class.

Couldn't agree more- in fact, the Bolla surprised and confused me more than anything else for that very reason.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2011, 19:48:20 »

Which is a shame, really. My hope is that we'll see one or two more "Serpentus" vehicles in Final Reckoning.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Register