Author Topic: Why 'Off Board Artillery' should be tournament legal  (Read 6189 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Why 'Off Board Artillery' should be tournament legal
« Reply #30 on: 15 January 2019, 10:07:55 »
Tracks are not that hard either- bulldozers and other construction equipment are sources.  Plus crafting individual tracks as needed for replacement would not be hard- time intensive but not complicated.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #31 on: 15 January 2019, 20:59:27 »
But can you tow in neutral and only manpowered it around? I haven't seen to many tankers wanting to push-pull their tracks often... by hand.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #32 on: 15 January 2019, 23:31:00 »
Tracks do get towed afaik, and they do not need to be pushed since you can drive on/off the tracks with the road wheels- its part of fixing track.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #33 on: 15 January 2019, 23:39:15 »
Meant with the Engine off.... like pushing your car onto the side after it stalls...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

AdmiralObvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 15 January 2019, 23:57:20 »
Meant with the Engine off.... like pushing your car onto the side after it stalls...

TT
If you've got something big enough (like a recovery vehicle) you can pretty easily push or pull a tank.

If you're talking about the difference between a wheeled vehicle and a tank in terms of repairs. Believe it or not, the car is going to be harder to fix. You can keep a Tank going without a few axles assuming you remove the broken bits and it's not the drive or idler wheels. You can also more easily stow spare track links than tires.

Vehicles with tires on the other hand are completely reliant on having an even set of tires on both sides, and are usually way more sensitive and harder to fix, even if they are usually lighter.

Register