Author Topic: Boots on the Ground - OOC Thread  (Read 3317 times)

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Boots on the Ground - OOC Thread
« on: 21 July 2013, 10:52:06 »
Hello all,

Seeing as I really loved the idea behind Malich's Fist Full of C Bills story thread, I've decided to start my own Role-playing thread.

Boots on the Ground is going to be a story about a squad of Succession War Era PBI mercenaries who strive for greater things in life (cause, y'know, getting stomped on by a Wolverine or a Jenner isn't a great goal to have).

I've gone ahead and created a TO&E for the unit known as "The Devil's Boots".  You can see it here - http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,31170.0.html

Just like Malich, I'll be maintaining two threads for this story.  The first thread will be this thread and is the Out Of Character thread.  Everything and anything can be posted here.

The Story Thread can be found here and is to be used exclusively for In Character posts -  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,31451.0.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment for 5-7 characters is now open with the following rules:

1 - The character can't have/own a mech.  He/she is a grunt.  Maybe they're the platoon medic. Maybe they're the platoon's vehicle tech.  Maybe they're an ex-mechjock who lost their mech and is now a PBI merc.  Whatever.  No mech owning characters.  The Boots only have 4 mechs and the jocks who drive them are off limits.
2 - All characters MUST be from 15 Platoon of the Devil's Boots TO&E.  Potentially it's okay if a character or two was recruited from one of the other platoons or the support staff.
3 - No character above the rank of Corporal.
4 - All characters must try to post in the Story thread at least once a week.  Please PM me before posting so that I can give your post the okay.
5 - It is encouraged for all characters to have some sort of a character sheet (any/all rulesets are fine - I just want to have an idea of who the character is).
6 - Era is pre-Fourth Succession Wars.  3023 to be exact.

That's all for now!
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada