Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I placed my order last week and it still says unfulfilled.  Konda odd, considering how fast everyone else is getting the thier CGL store orders. 
Hello! New guy here, and this is my first post. I just got the Alpha Strike boxed set (reading the free online rules convinced me), and I'm excited to get back into the universe of giant stompy robots.

I played Battletech back when it first came out, and played Alpha Strike once at a game convention several years ago. These days, I have more money and less time than I did as a teen, and I enjoy Alpha Strike's quicker game play--it's like Federation Commander in comparison to Starfleet Battles.

Right now, I am working on getting the Mechs painted and understanding the rules so I can run a scenario for my gaming group. As I do that, I have a couple of questions about critical hits:
  • When rolling attacks, a natural 12 is a critical hit, but does the target also take damage in the usual manner? I want to say yes based on the yes/no process on page 21 of the quick-start rulebook, but it's not explicitly spelled out.
  • If a natural 12 attack also damages the target's structure, does it result in a second critical hit? Same reasoning as above.

Thanks in advance!
In slightly different news: the Star League Command Lance is up on the Catalyst Store (Thunderhawk, Phoenix Hawk, Atlas II, and pre-painted Orion). I just ordered and got the “product has shipped” email. They’ve also got the Urbanmech LAM box up, too.
So if I have to stick to one mech for garrison duty it'd probably be a trooper, but I did one of those for your previous challenge: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=80870.msg1921435#msg1921435

So let's give it a faster partner that uses the same engine. The Caminante is a spin off of the same project that converted the Reptar to the Cazador, going from Industrial to Primitive instead of directly to a full battlemech. It gains 5 tons, but I feel that's reasonable:
Code: [Select]
Caminante EPT-C-40

Mass: 40 tons
Tech Base: Mixed (Primitive)
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Era Specific
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: X/X-X-X-X
Production Year: 3145
Dry Cost: 2,960,160 C-Bills
Total Cost: 2,972,760 C-Bills
Battle Value: 594

Chassis: Unknown Primitive Structure
Power Plant: Unknown 240 Primitive Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Primitive
Armament:
    1  (CL) Protomech AC/8
    2  (CL) Small Pulse Lasers
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Primitive Structure           67 points                4.00
Engine:             Primitive Fusion Engine      240                      11.50
    Walking MP: 5
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         (IS) Single Heat Sink        10                        0.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 CT
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Primitive                                              5.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Primitive                    AV -  75                  7.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     12           11       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  3         
                                           L/R Torso     10           9         
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  2         
                                             L/R Arm     6            6         
                                             L/R Leg     10           9         

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CL) Small Pulse Laser                       RT        2         1         1.00
(CL) Small Pulse Laser                       LT        2         1         1.00
(CL) Protomech AC/8                          RA        2         4         5.50
@Protomech AC/8 (20)                         RT        -         2         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 38

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      3    Points: 6
5          2       2       0       0      2     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
I think it's more likely this is just the new normal.  Between companies not wanting to roll back more profitable policies/pricing and a general drop in worker competency/ethic, my family has just come to accept it.  I started a list of all the associated product/service quality things I used to encounter once every few years that I now encounter monthly, but I stopped because it was too depressing.
Luckily, there are still efforts like CGL offsetting some shipping costs to show that there are companies out there that do care.

Oh yeah, the shipping stuff is definitely not on CGL. And as far as I'm concerned, they promised to ship in June, so as long as they throw my box on a truck sometime in the next six weeks, I'll consider the promise fulfilled. And if it's later, well, I can wait on my toys.

I can - and have - criticized Catalyst before, but I think all of the screaming about shipping is a nothingburger spread by those who already have an axe to grind.
Interesting change to the pilot cards in the 1st Star League Lancepack-
Orion gets 2 full cards, one is Aleksandr and the other is Theodore.
Atlas II gets 3 full cards, Nick, Devlin, and Aaron DeChavilier.

PXH and Thunder Hawk get the normal cards.

So a mix between the Legends-style cards (one pilot per card) and normal. Got it.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Question about CGL books.
« Last post by ColBosch on Today at 09:52:29 »
wasn't brush wars FanPro? I guess I can see why it would be a priority though.

Yeah, but it's still the same production team.  The real cut-off is the year 2000, because that was still FASA and all of those files are lost (well, any that existed - the 1980s and early 90s books were still paste jobs). And, of course, anything before about 1996 likely has images of the Unseen, so that's more work to remove those pictures.
Fan Fiction / Re: Hidden Hope (Golden Lion AU, Part 4)
« Last post by PsihoKekec on Today at 09:44:41 »
“It was not my decision.”

Yeah sure, this side mission was totally, Diana's idea.
Fan Fiction / Re: It's a family curse.
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 09:39:33 »
Katherine going Navy this time too?
So many people are in the mindset of to "covid is over so the world is back to normal now." They don't seem to get that it's impact on the shipping industry is still being felt, and issues with different major shipping canals since are only making it take longer to get back on track.
I think it's more likely this is just the new normal.  Between companies not wanting to roll back more profitable policies/pricing and a general drop in worker competency/ethic, my family has just come to accept it.  I started a list of all the associated product/service quality things I used to encounter once every few years that I now encounter monthly, but I stopped because it was too depressing.
Luckily, there are still efforts like CGL offsetting some shipping costs to show that there are companies out there that do care.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10