Author Topic: Battle of Tukayyid using BV and full vehicle rules  (Read 303 times)

Urist_Mormota

• Recruit
Battle of Tukayyid using BV and full vehicle rules
« on: 26 December 2023, 18:47:54 »
Hey all!

I have a few related questions regarding the usage of BV as a force building tool with the Battle of Tukayyid campaign book.

1. When a track instructs you to select "up to 33% of your campaign force" and "up to 100% of the opponent's force", do you use the clan force's actual BV value, or the BV value they had for the purposes of force creation (AKA one point worse in both stats)? The rules here do say (on p.24) both that:
 "Instead, for purposes of force creation only, the Hellbringer is treated as if it is piloted by a Veteran MechWarrior with a Gunnery Skill of 3 and a Piloting Skill of 4, and therefore only costs the Clan player 3,503 BV against the total BV allowed."
But just above it, it says (emphasis mine):
"As with Force Points above, players should note the BV or PV cost paid for each unit, as tracks allow each side to deploy a percentage of their overall Campaign Force, as determined by the BV or PV cost paid for their units."
AKA do the Clans get a pilot skill-driven BV advantage in the tracks themselves, or only for their campaign force?

2. When using full vehicle rules, how do you determine the amount of BV spendable from BSP on ground units? A cost of 500 BV per BSP is given on p.24, which would mean that 6000 BV is available for Comstar for free per track on the lowest expected track size, which, depending on the answer to the previous question, could be a massive advantage. However, a Schreck PPC carrier with 3 PPCs is about 1000 BV, while the simplified ground rules give a 7 BSP cost to a tracked Assault vehicle that does 10*2 damage out to the same range. Translating BSP back to BV it would cost 3500, way more than the actual value of the (probably better) Schreck. Do you use the BSP values of the applicable category of ground unit here? Alternatively, is there a way to transform BSP to BV on a per-track basis so that full ground unit rules may be used? I'd be satisfied with just a rule of thumb sort of answer as well, to ensure that our games aren't horribly imbalanced (or at least not more than intended given the setting).

Thanks in advance!