Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition  (Read 198444 times)

Alex Keller

• Captain
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition
« Reply #900 on: 26 October 2018, 19:03:24 »
Hey... I see some pdf products that actually get me excited. First time I can say that in a couple years.  Glad to finally see these coming out. Good job CGL

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #901 on: 26 October 2018, 22:41:39 »
Love Unending Faith, love that Dragoon survive was included! No Record sheet for C3i though. :/
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #902 on: 27 October 2018, 03:58:08 »
I can only assume that the Battle Cobra in the roster was the ComStar/WoB version
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #903 on: 27 October 2018, 04:19:33 »
Love Unending Faith, love that Dragoon survive was included! No Record sheet for C3i though. :/

It is included in TP Epsilon Eridani though

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #904 on: 27 October 2018, 05:45:31 »
Yea new stuff
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #905 on: 30 October 2018, 07:45:26 »
Good to see the Com Guards live on. Thinking about running something with some fanatics.

Though its surprising they are willing to go back to the teachings of Blake.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #906 on: 30 October 2018, 08:36:31 »
Good to see the Com Guards live on.

For a while at least.   ;)

Then the Republic comes calling...
I have spoken.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #907 on: 30 October 2018, 09:27:01 »
TtS: Regis Roost is a neat product. I've never seen that governmental style before.

And the Spotlight On Unending Faith shows a lot about how the ComGuards were reconstituted. Really good work on both.

Edit: Though the angel's face on Unending Faith's cover reminds me of a grey alien. Weird eyeballs.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2018, 10:11:05 by mbear »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #908 on: 30 October 2018, 09:37:53 »

For a while at least.   ;)

Then the Republic comes calling...

Thing is, the Republic stomped out the Blake infused chunks of ComStar inside the Fortress . . . but nothing gets mentioned about outside the Fortress, and Buhl specifically mentions how getting cut off has affected their resources.  Melissa was negotiating with someone to fund ComStar after all.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #909 on: 30 October 2018, 09:59:31 »
TtS: Regis Roost is a neat product. I've never seen that governmental style before.

And the Spotlight On Unending Faith shows a lot about how the ComGuards were reconstituted. Really good work on both.

Give me my internet connection back lol
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #910 on: 30 October 2018, 10:47:08 »
Thing is, the Republic stomped out the Blake infused chunks of ComStar inside the Fortress . . . but nothing gets mentioned about outside the Fortress, and Buhl specifically mentions how getting cut off has affected their resources.  Melissa was negotiating with someone to fund ComStar after all.

And false reports haven't had tragic consequences for the otherwise innocent in the Battletech universe?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #911 on: 30 October 2018, 10:53:05 »

There's been lots of mentions about ComStar outside the Fortress. They are pretty much defunct there too. Defections, sell-offs, takeovers, suicides, massacres, etc. And there were no additional troops outside the Fortress either.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #912 on: 30 October 2018, 11:13:13 »
huh?

If ComStar was infected- which Buhl, Patricia Harwell, whoever Buhl was playing internal politics against, and the new 1st Div imply- then it would be logical that SOME part of the organization was outside the Fortress since ComStar was a human-space wide organization leaving out Clan OZs.  From what I recall Buhl implied there were others outside the Fortress and knew about the debt to Melissa though I do not think either one ever discussed when the loans started but that repayment was due soon or the Lyrans would gain some control.

Now, was most of the ComStar organization like Tucker Harwell- innocent and thinking Blake's followers went away after their defeat in the Jihad?  I am sure that the majority of the organization was not Blakist- but what does it matter if you are not part of the conspiracy if your boss is and gives you directions that can be explained as in the business interest but really further the conspiracy's goals.

roosterboy, we have had mentions of ComStar outside the Fortress- never said we did not.  But we have not had any concrete mentions of the Blakist conspiracy inside ComStar for those portions cut off by the Fortress.  No one outside the Fortress, before the Wall came down anyway, knew about the Blakist resurgence in any manner.  I also never suggested they had military forces of any size outside the Fortress- I think that is unlikely though it would be easier to have BA units, especially any Spec Ops group outside the Fortress.

Blake's followers (really Toyama's) are never going to be wiped out IMO, just like similar underground organizations IRL.  Some deep cover Blakist ROM agents in the ComStar organization that survived the Jihad and dis-armed to become a corporate entity is probably where the infection sprang from . . . and will again.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #913 on: 30 October 2018, 15:41:10 »
BattleTech Boxed Sets Update #2 - Oct. 30, 2018

No tricks this Halloween, but a small treat for BattleTech players - we've got some new information about the much-anticipated "BattleTech Beginner Box" and "BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat" boxed sets.

We have confirmed that the full run of both sets has been printed, and shipped from China on Tuesday, Oct. 30. They're making their way across the high seas, and are expected in port on the East Coast of the United States on Nov. 26. After about a week to clear customs, they're scheduled for arrival at our distributor on Dec. 3. At that point, we should be able to offer a more specific street date for these products.

Remember that these dates are estimates only--things like weather and other physical delays can and do occur in maritime shipping. We'll keep you updated as we continue to track the shipment's progress.

In the meantime, we recently announced a full slate of mini-PDF products to tide you over. The next one, Touring the Stars: Hall will be out Nov. 9--check out the full slate here!

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #914 on: 30 October 2018, 15:44:53 »
oh oh oh . . .
Colt Ward

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #915 on: 30 October 2018, 15:55:14 »
We have confirmed that the full run of both sets has been printed, and shipped from China on Tuesday, Oct. 30. They're making their way across the high seas, and are expected in port on the East Coast of the United States on Nov. 26. After about a week to clear customs, they're scheduled for arrival at our distributor on Dec. 3. At that point, we should be able to offer a more specific street date for these products.

Remember that these dates are estimates only--things like weather and other physical delays can and do occur in maritime shipping. We'll keep you updated as we continue to track the shipment's progress.

Any chance you will have copies at MechCon?

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #916 on: 30 October 2018, 15:59:00 »
Any chance you will have copies at MechCon?

Good question. I'm betting not, but checking with management now.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #917 on: 30 October 2018, 16:04:47 »
Good question. I'm betting not, but checking with management now.

Thanks, eagerly awaiting reply  :)

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #918 on: 30 October 2018, 16:07:29 »
Per management: "Highly doubtful, unfortunately."

BUT, the full production run is on the move, so the wide release shouldn't be too terribly far off.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #919 on: 30 October 2018, 16:10:10 »
Per management: "Highly doubtful, unfortunately."

BUT, the full production run is on the move, so the wide release shouldn't be too terribly far off.

Okay, thanks.  That's sadly what I expected, but I appreciate you checking.

fatroom

• Recruit
« Reply #920 on: 30 October 2018, 17:24:56 »

No tricks this Halloween, but a small treat for BattleTech players - we've got some new information about the much-anticipated "BattleTech Beginner Box" and "BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat" boxed sets.

Remember that these dates are estimates only--things like weather and other physical delays can and do occur in maritime shipping. We'll keep you updated as we continue to track the shipment's progress

Any hints on availability in EU?

Ragedog4

• Recruit
« Reply #921 on: 30 October 2018, 17:35:22 »
Just bring both Box Sets to MechCon in Vancouver BC and I will buy both off you Catalyst Games....Thanks.  ;D

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #922 on: 30 October 2018, 21:25:18 »
Question: Is the full run of these boxes the same as that of the previous box (7,500), which sold out in two days?
I have spoken.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #923 on: 30 October 2018, 21:34:13 »
Question: Is the full run of these boxes the same as that of the previous box (7,500), which sold out in two days?
What? When?
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #924 on: 30 October 2018, 22:29:48 »
What? When?

Last printing of the box set (Alex Iglesias Atlas art). Print run of 7,500. Battleshop sold out in two days.

Loren quoted that number at Gen Con that year, saying it was 50% bigger than a standard BattleTech print run.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2018, 22:33:13 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #925 on: 30 October 2018, 22:44:39 »
7,500 would be 50% more or the standard run for the box.
I also believe he said it.
I recall “it” selling out over a weekend—I also recall that it was part of some deal or bogo or incentive.
I do not believe that “it” was 7,500, but only the portion allotted to the store.
My recollection is that particular time was a partial run.

Again, I can readily believe that was said.
But…I can tell you there’s no way we sold out of 7,500 boxes in two days. Something’s conflated.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #926 on: 30 October 2018, 23:40:22 »
Rather hoping that it's more than a 5K run. I wouldn't expect that to run out in two days, but (based on my arse-pull estimate) if it survives two months I'd be surprised.

Given that this order is 6 odd months later than expected, that's a lengthy restock.

And if they're at mech-con I would probably grab.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2018, 00:08:44 by Greatclub »

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #927 on: 31 October 2018, 06:46:00 »
7,500 would be 50% more or the standard run for the box.
I also believe he said it.
I recall “it” selling out over a weekend—I also recall that it was part of some deal or bogo or incentive.
I do not believe that “it” was 7,500, but only the portion allotted to the store.
My recollection is that particular time was a partial run.

Again, I can readily believe that was said.
But…I can tell you there’s no way we sold out of 7,500 boxes in two days. Something’s conflated.

I'm sure the lion's share of the run went to the distributors and some were set aside for convention sales. What was allocated to Battleshop to sell lasted two days.
I have spoken.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #928 on: 31 October 2018, 07:13:15 »
Any hints on availability in EU?

It depends if the Kaiser is still sending out the U-boats....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #929 on: 31 October 2018, 08:18:35 »
That sucks that the China freighter has to go to New York not LA.

Very glad they are on the boat and on the way. Now to figure out what ship they are on and stalk the ship on Shiptracker!!!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass