Author Topic: Snapshots from SLDF 2771 campaign  (Read 1680 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Snapshots from SLDF 2771 campaign
« on: 24 June 2015, 10:24:04 »
My players wrapped up their Amaris Coup campaign last night. I didn't keep a formal log, but here were some pictures I took over the course of 8-10 games where they ended up joining a resistance force fighting against both Amaris and a treacherous SLDF general (all choices made in the course of missions).

I may have forgotten my paper maps for the first game... our FLGS has a ton of terrain though. The players' force was tasked with rescuing an SLDF commando team from a Rim World field base.

Confronting a supply convoy. It was later destroyed by artillery (they plotted the target hex well enough so drift bailed them out)

Tasked with defending a city and a bunker from a notorious pirate / merc known as "The Ember". As you can see, they weren't super successful... a side effect of their failure was discovering the SLDF commander was complicit in cooperating with Amaris.

the city sort of burned as they prioritized the base

After uncovering Gen. Larkin's treachery, the rest of the players' force had to escape the base.

The resistance force the players joined was short on supplies. Good time for a raid.

Careful strategic maneuvering pinned down the enemy's elite lance. It was a bloodbath.

A diversionary attack against a supply base turned up a hidden research facility. Some scientists tried to escape. Their chopper was shot down. The players attempt to keep the enemy from destroying the wreckage.

Success in a number of unlisted secondary objectives lead to a direct attack against Gen. Larkin's main base and an exciting run-and-gun fight through the outskirts of the capital. The players attempt to block his escape (he's in the custom Shootist). Just when it looked like he was going to get away, a lucky crit against his gauss lead to a failed consciousness roll. His forces abandoned him to his fate as their ride was in a hurry to leave.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2015, 10:25:49 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

malk2651

• Master Sergeant
Re: Snapshots from SLDF 2771 campaign
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2015, 13:38:20 »
His forces abandoned him to his fate as their ride was in a hurry to leave.

Did they get to keep all the money?  8)

Louie N

• Lieutenant
Re: Snapshots from SLDF 2771 campaign
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2015, 19:12:44 »
Very nice.