Author Topic: Wanting to make a Septicemia A, question  (Read 3370 times)

Xeno426

• Sergeant
Wanting to make a Septicemia A, question
« on: 06 April 2017, 14:29:32 »
I'm looking at making the A variant of the Septicemia, and I'm wondering if the triple lasers on the sprue require the arms from the 20-5059 Septicemia (E) or if it will work with the arms from the AR20-453 Septicemia (Prime/D).

If this is the wrong forum to ask, please move the thread to the appropriate one.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Wanting to make a Septicemia A, question
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2017, 16:55:05 »
The A parts go right into the chest plate and right on the arms of the prime/d. I think you need two of them if I remember correctly. I've built two. One for Ben Rome. The other one was a backup in case I botched the paint on the first one.

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4586

Xeno426

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2017, 17:40:55 »
Yeah, I know where the chest plates go, I was just wondering if the laser trio require specific arms (e.g. specifically needed the arms in the 20-5059 [E] or the 20-453 [Prime/D]) to properly fit. If the arms from either of them is fine, then I'm set (aside from getting those sprues, of course).

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2017, 18:53:59 »
I don't know if they will work on E arms. That mini came out much later. I know they work on the Prime/D arms. I haven't built an E so I don't know if that has the chest plates or not.

Long story short, those parts were intended for the Prime/A mini.

Xeno426

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2017, 19:01:27 »
I don't know if they will work on E arms. That mini came out much later. I know they work on the Prime/D arms. I haven't built an E so I don't know if that has the chest plates or not.

Long story short, those parts were intended for the Prime/A mini.
Good to hear. I got both the Prime/D version and the E model, and have already put together the E. The only difference is the torso pods, overhead PPCs and the the arms.

Sancozela

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2017, 02:12:20 »
This is so wonderful that I found it.