Author Topic: Is price on IWM shop with VAT or not?  (Read 3106 times)

Geont

• Master Sergeant
Is price on IWM shop with VAT or not?
« on: 18 December 2017, 12:11:18 »
Hi,
question is asked in Subject and feel I need to add some info behind my question. As I am from (Central) Europe I would like to know this to do more precise calculation for possible future order of minis (mechs/armored vehicles/vtol/infantry). I expect to pay VAT at my country (with other local taxes :().
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: Is price on IWM shop with VAT or not?
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2017, 13:18:17 »
I don't work for IWM, but I'm fairly certain that the prices published on their website do NOT include VAT. While they do ship outside the US, to my knowledge they don't collect taxes for any entities outside the United States. Heck, even here in the US they aren't obligated to collect state or local sales taxes unless the purchaser is in the state of Ohio.

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2017, 14:32:17 »
Then is it as I expected, thanks.

Fan of FWL

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2017, 14:55:37 »
Geont,

With no disrespect to the fine folks at IWM, have a look at the Ral Partha Europe BT line in their shop. They don't have the more modern sculpts, but they do have a lot of the basics, and their overseas shipping is much better than US postal.

The prices do include VAT, but if you're outside the UK, you get a refund of the VAT shortly thereafter.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2017, 16:47:25 »

Well, I am asking because there are minis that are not in RPE catalog that I would want. For these in their catalog I plan to purchase some (theirs MW/MC lance packs picked my interest) from them.

Fan of FWL

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2017, 18:18:25 »
As an American store they almost certainly do not include VAT

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2017, 19:34:45 »
Well, I am asking because there are minis that are not in RPE catalog that I would want. For these in their catalog I plan to purchase some (theirs MW/MC lance packs picked my interest) from them.
Check out fantasywelt.de, they have IWM selection but ships in Europe. Site's German only but fortunately Google Translate exists.

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 19 December 2017, 02:01:27 »
Check out fantasywelt.de, they have IWM selection but ships in Europe. Site's German only but fortunately Google Translate exists.
Yay, I completely forgot about this shop. It would solve some of my issue and I could save on postage (I live near German border). Thank you for bringing it up

Fan of FWL

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2017, 16:44:20 »
Yay, I completely forgot about this shop. It would solve some of my issue and I could save on postage (I live near German border). Thank you for bringing it up

If they don't have something you want, you can always shoot them an e-mail. Fantasywelt usually then includes it in their next IWM order and then ship it to you (which will make your overall delivery later, but that way you can get absolutely everything IWM has).
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost