Author Topic: VIDEO Batrep: 4th SSW Inasion of Keid  (Read 3139 times)

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
  • pre-3050: ARC-2R / post-3050: ARC-5W
VIDEO Batrep: 4th SSW Inasion of Keid
« on: 24 November 2012, 21:43:13 »
August, 3028. Hanse Davion declares to his new bride, Melissa, "My dear, I give you...the Capellan Confederation!"

A Lyran force, the Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust, under the FedCom banner, strikes out from its base on New Earth and makes planetfall on the Capellan world of Keid. A lance of Lyran 'Mechs heads to secure the resources of the city of Yrirostov. A Capellan lance defends the city.

The Capellan defenders played by Matthew:

CP-10-Z Cyclops, 4/5 pilot
AWS-8Q Awesome, 4/5 pilot
GHR-5H Grasshopper, 4/5 pilot
CPLT-C1 Catapult, 4/5 pilot

The Lyran attackers played by me:

ARC-2S Archer, 3/4 pilot
LGB-0W Longbow, 4/5 pilot
WHM-6D Warhammer, 4/5 pilot
RFL-3N Rifleman, 4/5 pilot

WARNING! There is a lot of text before the actual battle vid starts. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrKfa1-GQo8&feature=youtu.be

LCAF German Expeditionary Militia Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust: 1 Overlord class DropShip, 1 Fortress class DropShip, 2 AeroSpace Fighters, 4 BattleMech Companies, 1 Vehicle Company, 1 Infantry Battalion
Motto: STAND (behind a hill) AND DELIVER (indirectly via spotter)!

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
Re: VIDEO Batrep: 4th SSW Inasion of Keid
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2012, 23:03:48 »
Solid Lyran tactics took my planet away from the dastardly Liao forces.  O0
Good job!
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2012, 00:04:33 »
Solid Lyran tactics took my planet away from the dastardly Liao forces.  O0
Good job!

Sorry, no "solid Lyran tactics" were used. Did you notice how his 'Mechs were sitting comfortably in woods while mine were caught out in the open!

I had hoped to use indirect fire with the Archer and Longbow as spotted by the Rifleman (which I was planning to set up on the hill to the extreme bottom righthand corner of the map) to entice the Capellans into an unwise hasty uncoordinated assault and then use the Warhammer to smash the enemy in close.

Instead, the quick Capellan advance was not going to allow indirect bombardment so I recalled the spotter Rifleman and threw out tactics to just exchange firepower.

Lucky shots ruled the day not tactics. I got a lucky crit (an eleven to hit at long range, double ones for location, then double sixes on crit table, 3 CT crits, two gyros) on the Grasshopper on turn one and then a later ammo crit on the Cyclops.

For Matthew, his Awesome in three turns missed seven or eight of nine PPC shots when he only needed to roll sevens and eights! His Catapult fared little better.

Shamefully, I must say, this was more just a lucky (for me!) exchange of firepower, no spectacular grand strategy whatsoever.

I think the Lyran lance commander in the Archer had his commission bought by his dad, but he did make his pop proud with his crack shots! 
LCAF German Expeditionary Militia Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust: 1 Overlord class DropShip, 1 Fortress class DropShip, 2 AeroSpace Fighters, 4 BattleMech Companies, 1 Vehicle Company, 1 Infantry Battalion

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2012, 07:31:46 »
Only one Archer? Who are you and what have you done with LA?

Looking forward to the vid later when I have a puter with Sound.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2012, 12:30:37 »
Sorry, no "solid Lyran tactics" were used. Did you notice how his 'Mechs were sitting comfortably in woods while mine were caught out in the open!
No, see you're thinking like a commander who fights.
I was thinking like a Social General whose idea of "Solid Lyran tactics" is "We won, that's all that matters. Even if we have to pay off the enemy we still won!"  ;D
Remember the time frame you're fighting in man!
That's how the Lyrans did it back in the old days.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2012, 12:32:16 by Atlas3060 »
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2012, 13:36:28 »
No, see you're thinking like a commander who fights.
I was thinking like a Social General whose idea of "Solid Lyran tactics" is "We won, that's all that matters. Even if we have to pay off the enemy we still won!"  ;D
Remember the time frame you're fighting in man!
That's how the Lyrans did it back in the old days.

Quite true. I play a lot more bloodthirsty when I play my 721st Wolf Hussars!

If the battle had continued, the Lyrans would have lost the Warhammer and Longbow for sure and possibly another (the Rifleman was untouched but has armor you can read a newspaper through) just to take out the Catapult and Awesome, so the Lyrans were more than happy, thinking economically, to take the objective (the city) without any losses and to have completely destroyed the enemy Cyclops.

The Capellans, with the Awesome down one PPC and the Catapult almost out of ammo and already down two 'Mechs, were unlikely to hold out much longer and were happy just to withdraw with the Grasshopper's carcass (all it needs is a new gyro). At that point they were going to lose the city anyway and now they can at least preserve three 'Mechs to fight another day rather than lose the city and an entire lance.

The Archer's lucky opening salvo on turn one basically decided the game and kudos to the Capellans for holding out as long as they did fighting at 75% strength after that.

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
« Reply #6 on: 28 November 2012, 11:18:40 »
VIDEO BATREP!   AWESOME!   :D

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 28 November 2012, 17:23:15 »
VIDEO BATREP!   AWESOME!   :D

Hey, Ouchies. I've watched several of your Group W video batreps. Just thought I'd add a few of my own.

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
« Reply #8 on: 29 November 2012, 10:47:07 »
Hey, Ouchies. I've watched several of your Group W video batreps. Just thought I'd add a few of my own.

This can never be a bad thing.  I enjoyed the batrep.  O0