Author Topic: VidBatrep: The Mistrial. CJF Vs. Chrome Taurian  (Read 2374 times)

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
VidBatrep: The Mistrial. CJF Vs. Chrome Taurian
« on: 22 January 2013, 09:24:40 »

A trial of grievance is sent to task as the clan legal system loads its argument in convenient high explosive slavos.

Check it out!

Vanadius

• Sergeant
Re: VidBatrep: The Mistrial. CJF Vs. Chrome Taurian
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2013, 10:04:34 »
I don't think this is an error of spelling, since you pronounce it and spell it that way --

what is a "Diashi"?

Custom mech y'all use?
« Last Edit: 22 January 2013, 10:07:39 by Vanadius »

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2013, 10:50:41 »
Eegads, the horror I've feared in doing these has finally arrived.
My ignorance is showing, please forgive me.  8)

Daishi-prime.  Is that "Day-Ish-ee"?  I've been reffering to it as a "Die-Ash-EE" for years.  Spelling it like that too, but Sarna would scold me on that too.

Vanadius

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2013, 11:16:07 »
DIE-SHI

In English seeming pronunciation.  Two syllables.

No worries.  It was really entertaining to watch too.  I lost track of which mechs were whose by the end though.

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2013, 11:45:12 »
I lost track of which mechs were whose by the end though.
Thanks,

It's becoming an endemic problem.  The next one will be worse as the color scheming is even more pronouncedly mixed and the unit count is way higher (almost half a batallion).  Given the range of the camera, its hard to pick out what is going on.

I think I'm going to introduce an overlay to summarize unit locations at turn end for that one.

Adgar76

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2013, 12:00:08 »
Awesome batrep as always, but the MW2 background music really made my day  O0

Lyran Archer

• Lieutenant
  • pre-3050: ARC-2R / post-3050: ARC-5W
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2013, 17:50:32 »
Great batrep.  O0
LCAF German Expeditionary Militia Kampfgruppe Panzerfaust: 1 Overlord class DropShip, 1 Fortress class DropShip, 2 AeroSpace Fighters, 4 BattleMech Companies, 1 Vehicle Company, 1 Infantry Battalion
Motto: STAND (behind a hill) AND DELIVER (indirectly via spotter)!

Cambo

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2013, 09:17:57 »
Great report as always.... I'm always looking at how to better AAR's and your video ones are a great inspiration (I may copy them next time I do a big game, but unfortunately table location / off board environment always seems to preclude doing this).

Usually I end up getting a barrage of rules lawyers pointing out the errors in the game we played.  And I'm afraid i'm going to do the same to you (so that you make better games in the future)...

You do realize that the PSR resulting from damage is only 1 after 20pts of damage, not per 20 pts of damage?  (some places house rule this, and the multiple psr rule is in Tac Ops pg 23).  It's a kinda hotly debated topic last time it came up in one of my AARs.  I've mentioned before I had a Warhawk/Masakari take 200+ pts of damage on a single turn (he was ambushed by a company of LRM launchers) and it stayed standing, there was no armor left, but he was still standing ;).   He only had to do 1 PSR.  He'd have to do 2 if there's been a Gyro Crit, but your report mentions multiple PSRs from damage, so I figured I'd mention it.

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2013, 12:18:53 »
Great report as always.... I'm always looking at how to better AAR's and your video ones are a great inspiration (I may copy them next time I do a big game, but unfortunately table location / off board environment always seems to preclude doing this).

Usually I end up getting a barrage of rules lawyers pointing out the errors in the game we played.  And I'm afraid i'm going to do the same to you (so that you make better games in the future)...

You do realize that the PSR resulting from damage is only 1 after 20pts of damage, not per 20 pts of damage?  (some places house rule this, and the multiple psr rule is in Tac Ops pg 23).  It's a kinda hotly debated topic last time it came up in one of my AARs.  I've mentioned before I had a Warhawk/Masakari take 200+ pts of damage on a single turn (he was ambushed by a company of LRM launchers) and it stayed standing, there was no armor left, but he was still standing ;).   He only had to do 1 PSR.  He'd have to do 2 if there's been a Gyro Crit, but your report mentions multiple PSRs from damage, so I figured I'd mention it.

If it weren't for rules lawyers I wouldn't learn much.  I always have room to improve.  You should see the clamor that happens on the Flames of War ones.  The Sniper pinning the assault in the final hour is STILL being argued on those forums.

Nonetheless, feel free to pick it apart.  I need to be more clear about such things because I get messages from newer players over youtube about rules clarifications.  I shouldn't muddy the water.

I say "double PSR" but it's really just a +2 because of ~40 damage, not 2 PSRs (though I digress there was a few times that happened, reactor shutdown AND damage on a Vulture, and similar regarding a gyro for the DAI-SHI).  And even then, it's an interpreted thing from the core rules.  It would appear that this interpretation would be implicitly wrong if it is in TacOps as optional.  I'll go find my sword to fall on.  O0

vinlander

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2013, 08:40:13 »
But then there'd be no more batreps :'(  I suppose if you must just remember to shout "Axios" when you do...

Great stuff mate! I very much enjoy your vids  O0

Register