Author Topic: Crazy Idea: A-Pods as ERA  (Read 2590 times)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Crazy Idea: A-Pods as ERA
« on: 16 February 2011, 18:24:02 »
Just as the title says; I know it's way outside the game's rules, but could you modify Apods for use as Explosive Reactive Armor, allowing them to, say, negate one ballistic or missile strike to the section they're mounted on?  It just kinda hit me while watching a show on tanks that was talking about ERA and I was thinking about how dangerous ERA can be to nearby infantry....waitaminute....A-Pods....HEY!
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

evilauthor

• Captain
Re: Crazy Idea: A-Pods as ERA
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2011, 15:31:22 »
Wouldn't that mean that every strike by a mech scale ballistic or missile weapon would basically spray the area around a mech with APod stuff? Or worse, you only have a couple shots and they get triggered uselessly by random hits before enemy infantry are in range?

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Crazy Idea: A-Pods as ERA
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2011, 22:03:18 »
Well, what I'm thinking would use modified A-Pods as a base for a new system, they would no longer be usable for thir original purpose.  But yeah, they would be hazardous to any infantry in the area, as is('im given to understand) real life ERA.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!