Author Topic: Unmanned Mechs What's everyone take on it?  (Read 3313 times)

Darkness12

• Sergeant
Unmanned Mechs What's everyone take on it?
« on: 07 May 2011, 16:44:15 »
Basically an attempt to implement a Unmanned vehicles capabilities into a battle/omni mech. It would be an interesting concept to try out however I need help with the equipment design. So I'll let you guys and girls out there help design the Unmanned Mech system. this is equipment that takes up on crit in the head and allows the mech to be used as a normal mech would minus the pilot cards. as it cannot be used in conjunction with them. Just to give you an idea on what I am trying to get at.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Re: Unmanned Mechs What's everyone take on it?
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2011, 14:57:26 »
Can it turn into a car?   :D

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2011, 15:39:24 »
I think I'd have play the Treize Khushrenada on this subject.
Treize opposed this because he was a firm believer in tradition and honor, and felt that mobile dolls (drones) would make humans unnecessary in battle and therefore making warfare meaningless.

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2011, 15:49:55 »
You know, there's the drone control and operating system in Tactical Operations. While its construction rules don't seem to be all the way there (they're kind of silent on where the drone system should be mounted in units that unlike vehicles and fighters don't have a "body" location as such), Battle- and IndustrialMechs are listed among the unit types that can be turned into drones and remote-controlled.

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2011, 17:36:43 »
I love the idea!  Lose the mech but not worry about the massive investment into my pilots?

Machines can be replaced... the veteran can not.

Then again... if I can have mobile dolls... ever better...
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2011, 11:24:52 »
So you want to make wars even more frequent than they already are in BTech?

Darkness12

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2011, 12:51:13 »
You know, there's the drone control and operating system in Tactical Operations. While its construction rules don't seem to be all the way there (they're kind of silent on where the drone system should be mounted in units that unlike vehicles and fighters don't have a "body" location as such), Battle- and IndustrialMechs are listed among the unit types that can be turned into drones and remote-controlled.

I see. As you can tell that I am trying to design a new system to temporally supplement until the rules for mechs and put into play about the construction of unmanned battle and industrial mechs.

I love the idea!  Lose the mech but not worry about the massive investment into my pilots?

Machines can be replaced... the veteran can not.

Then again... if I can have mobile dolls... ever better...

Hehe..I can see you like the idea of unmanned mechs. don't worry I'll get the first unmanned mech up soon.

So you want to make wars even more frequent than they already are in BTech?

Who are you referring to me or Khy? anyway Very few mechs will be unmanned anyway only like ten models will be unmanned.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2011, 11:56:57 »
Who are you referring to me or Khy? anyway Very few mechs will be unmanned anyway only like ten models will be unmanned.
Both, mostly.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2011, 09:15:29 »
one would presume the drone system would replace the cockpit and life support system crits.

Register