Author Topic: Unit insignias  (Read 21506 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Re: Unit insignias
« Reply #30 on: 07 July 2018, 16:37:28 »
Here is a new one.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 10 July 2018, 07:40:44 »
Hey everyone could I get some feed back on these? First, second or third, which one is better?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #32 on: 10 July 2018, 18:38:31 »
The first looks like the easiest one to paint on the side of a unit, so I'm going with that one...

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #33 on: 10 July 2018, 19:46:32 »
*ping!* I just found a new source for random mercs/OPFORs...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 11 July 2018, 04:37:13 »
Forgot to add this one to the three others. Sorry.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #35 on: 11 July 2018, 05:24:41 »
That looks even easier to paint than the horse... I'd take this one over the others.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 11 July 2018, 06:39:27 »
*ping!* I just found a new source for random mercs/OPFORs...

Go right ahead.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 13 July 2018, 11:19:11 »
Last one, mainly because I am running out of ideas. Devils Doughboys. This one goes back to my high school nickname.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 14 July 2018, 17:42:25 »
 :thumbsup:
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 23 July 2018, 14:49:44 »
A few new ones. A new working of the Samo's Sumos and Atomic Dogs.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #40 on: 23 July 2018, 18:51:52 »
I made a couple for the movers and shakers in a campaign, I'm putting together. Really appreciate you bringing up this website. Saved me a lot of time.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 24 July 2018, 01:22:37 »
Do.... do you happen to do requests at all? Super simple ones, of course!

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 24 July 2018, 03:54:34 »
I made a couple for the movers and shakers in a campaign, I'm putting together. Really appreciate you bringing up this website. Saved me a lot of time.

Holy heck, this is some work that makes mine look simplistic. Hell of a job.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 24 July 2018, 03:55:33 »
Do.... do you happen to do requests at all? Super simple ones, of course!

Me or Koalabirb? I can try if you would like. I am still working on one that I really like.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 24 July 2018, 05:17:29 »
Me or Koalabirb? I can try if you would like. I am still working on one that I really like.

Anyone really - although if you're offering, I'd be really grateful - I've been really admiring your style.

My personal unit, Cavalli's Cavaliere, has a slate grey knight chess piece, with the horse's mane in gold, on a maroon background.
Does that sound do-able?

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 24 July 2018, 06:19:33 »
I will work on it this afternoon and post an image when it is finished. :thumbsup:

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 24 July 2018, 07:11:41 »
I will work on it this afternoon and post an image when it is finished. :thumbsup:

Amazing! Thanks in advance!

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 24 July 2018, 07:29:03 »
I put together two options

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #48 on: 24 July 2018, 07:44:36 »
That was quick! I like these guys a lot - probably the plain maroon as it is a little less busy.
Like it a lot - thanks heaps!

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 24 July 2018, 08:11:03 »
That was quick! I like these guys a lot - probably the plain maroon as it is a little less busy.
Like it a lot - thanks heaps!
Not a problem. Glad you are happy with them.

robbybarbera

• Recruit
« Reply #50 on: 24 July 2018, 08:47:26 »
@koalabirb and @Drewbacca

That is some really great unit insignia's you guys have made. If you guys don't mind I am going to add these to my MegaMek Force Image collection. Also thank you Drewbacca for the link for the Logo Maker.

Thanks,

Robby

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #51 on: 24 July 2018, 09:03:59 »
@koalabirb and @Drewbacca

That is some really great unit insignia's you guys have made. If you guys don't mind I am going to add these to my MegaMek Force Image collection. Also thank you Drewbacca for the link for the Logo Maker.

Thanks,

Robby

Go right ahead. I am trying to find one that I really like and would love to see someone get use out of these.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 24 July 2018, 09:09:54 »
I did this one for my howngrown clan Clan Platypus by hand

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 24 July 2018, 09:42:08 »
And here is a quick electronic version that is somewhat not as good.

With an added bonus.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #54 on: 24 July 2018, 12:24:22 »
Ha! Trouser Snake...
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 24 July 2018, 12:56:10 »
Those two clans originally came from this list:

1. Clan Iron Butterfly- Found in the jungles of Eden, the Iron Butterfly has the colorful markings of its Terran counterparts, but sturdier wing and body segments.

2. Clan Platypus- Initially released on the Pentagon worlds as a joke, the hardy monotremes survived and prospered, adapting to quickly to life where water was present. Nicolas respected this adaptability, marking the ability to change with the situation as a key trait a successful warrior needed to possess. Nicolas also found the platypode's habit of constantly searching for food in even the most unfavorable conditions as a testament to the need to always gather information. The platypus was passed over in favor of the sea fox, when that predator was able to quickly check the platypode's progress into the freshwater seas of Strana Mechty.

3. Clan Blitz Sloth- In all respects this mammal is a carbon copy of its Terran brethren, with a few notable exceptions. The blitz sloth is capable of living in a variety of trees, having even  been found on the sturdier branches of conifers. Also, as the name implies, the blitz sloth is taken to bursts of extreme quickness. The omnivorous blitz sloth hangs casually from branches munching leaves, only to reach out with lightning speed to snag small birds, reptiles and amphibians, even smaller mammals that cross its path. Nicolas saw the patience of this hunter as a good trait for a warrior.

4. Clan Newt- Nicolas, doing a study of the names at the top of the list noticed something. He had two avian species, two arachnid, four reptiles, one hellion (whatever that was) and the rest mammals, NO amphibians. Nicolas briefly considered Clan Newt, before deciding equality among the animal kingdom was not a necessity.

5. Clan Trouser Snake- No record exists of any such creature and the scrawled name of Clan Trouser Snake was preceded by two attempts in which it was spelled incorrectly. It is thought that this option was intended as a joke.

6. Clan Incontinent Gorilla- A name come up with apparently by Andery Kerensky, during the initial trials for a spot in the 800. While watching a large scale battle, Andery noticed a group of warriors, who rushed their opponents and unleashed a furious barrage of physical attacks, including instances of attempting to twist an enemy battlemech's head off, kicking a leg clean off a mech and pummeling that very mech about the head and torso with it, numerous Death From Above attacks with varying success, and in one case what appeared to be a German Suplex applied to a Wasp by a Black Knight. Knowing that such "dishonorable" tactics would essentially remove them from consideration, Andery suggested to Nicolas he relent and place these warriors in a clan called Clan Incontinent Gorilla. When asked why that name, Andery is said have responded, "Because they are going (expletive deleted) on everyone out there."

7.Clan Orca- Impressed with the intelligence of the Dagdan sea wolf, and reminded of the Terran orca and its hunting prowess, Nicolas originally planned to name one of his clans Clan Orca. The orca's ability to tackle prey of any size or type made it an ideal totem. Nicolas changed his mind however when the first potential recruits to be assigned to this clan took the pod mentality to heart, and used concentrated fire on their opponents. The sight of a mech being blasted to scrap at the hands of alpha strikes from five different mechs, which then went on to repeat the process was jarring to Nicolas' budding mindset of honorable combat.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 24 July 2018, 13:18:54 »
And here are their symbols

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 24 July 2018, 13:19:49 »
And the rest

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 25 July 2018, 00:28:58 »
Clan Trouser snake,  hmmm, wonder if I'm related. :D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 28 July 2018, 22:52:38 »
I have to ask on Clan Iron Butterfly, do this still rock to "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"