Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Chapparal was the first thing that came to my mind when you said Arrow IV.

That was my thought as well.
Short answer, yes I would.

Longer would be - it depends (on a lot of factors), price, quality, utility, etc.

Sidenote:
I do envision a future where users would have 'customizable' color wraps of our favorite schemes, that we could just 'paste' on our unpainted mechs, and when we need another scheme, just strip out the old wrap, and use the new one. I can dream, can't I?  azn
Hmmm. Katie Ferraro and the Bounty Hunter have never been seen in the same room at same time...

Sorry, I may be clueless on this.. Is this based on any fiction that is currently available? Links would be great! Thanks! :cool:
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by rebs on Today at 02:10:57 »
Gas
BattleMechs / Re: BNC-8Z - *BONK*
« Last post by Breetai on Today at 01:58:00 »
Just test ran it. Second round, pristine opponent:

Code: [Select]
Physical attacks for Banshee BNC-8Z (Breetai)
    Hatchet attack on Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess); needs 5, rolls 9 : hits CT
        Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess) takes 38 damage to CT.
            Armor destroyed, 4 Internal Structure remaining
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 12; 3 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Standard Gyro.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
            CRITICAL HIT on AC/5 Ammo (17).
            *** AC/5 Ammo EXPLODES!  85 DAMAGE! ***        >Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 4 [5 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 7 : succeeds.                    The pilot ejects safely!
*** Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess) takes 85 damage to CT.
 SECTION DESTROYED,
        Rifleman RFL-3N (Princess) has taken 6 engine hits this phase.
        Checking for engine explosion on 10, roll is 7.
        Engine safety systems remain in place.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Edit: Round 3  :bruce6sg::

Physical attacks for Banshee BNC-8Z (Breetai)
    Hatchet attack on JagerMech JM6-S (Princess); needs 1, rolls 2 : hits (using Rear table) CTR
        JagerMech JM6-S (Princess) takes 38 damage to CTR.
 SECTION DESTROYED,
        JagerMech JM6-S (Princess) has taken 6 engine hits this phase.
        Checking for engine explosion on 10, roll is 5.
        Engine safety systems remain in place.
*** JagerMech JM6-S (Princess) DESTROYED by damage! ***
*** MechWarrior Sam Wilson (Princess) was trapped in the wreckage. ***
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 5; no effect.
BattleMechs / BNC-8Z - *BONK*
« Last post by Breetai on Today at 01:49:32 »
Banshee BNC-8Z

Mass: 95 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F
Production Year: 3067
Cost: 13,618,053 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,171

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 380 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h (54.0 km/h)
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h (86.4 km/h)
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    2  Snub-Nose PPCs
    1  ER Medium Laser
    1  Medium Pulse Laser
    1  Medium Laser
    1  Hatchet
    1  Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   145 points                5.00
    Internal Locations: 9 LT, 5 RT
Engine:             Fusion Engine                380                      41.00
    Walking MP: 4 (5)
    Running MP: 6 (8)
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             11(22)                    1.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
    TSM Locations: 1 LA, 1 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 293                 17.50
    Armor Locations: 7 LA

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     30           45       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  15       
                                           L/R Torso     20           30       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  10       
                                             L/R Arm     16           32       
                                             L/R Leg     20           40       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hatchet                                      RA        -         7         7.00
Snub-Nose PPC                                RT        10        2         6.00
Snub-Nose PPC                                LT        10        2         6.00
Medium Laser                                 LT        3         1         1.00
ER Medium Laser                              CT        5         1         1.00
Medium Pulse Laser                           CT        4         1         2.00
Small Laser                                  HD        1         1         0.50
                                            Free Critical Slots: 5

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:     10    Points: 22
4          3       3       0       0      4     0   Structure:  8
Special Abilities: TSM, MEL, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

It can take 2 Gauss Rifle shots to any location (3 to the centre torso), moves 4(5)/6(8) without an XL Engine, has multiple pathways to TSM activation, hits you for 38 damage in a singe location, and hammers you with a couple of PPCs while closing.

RUN.
Yeah! That's very wonderful :cheesy: candy clicker :cheesy:
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Akamia on Today at 01:11:03 »
Meter
Non-Canon Units / Re: Renegades
« Last post by Deadborder on Today at 01:10:30 »
Guest chapter by KayEmm

The Last Dance

The day had started with a formal memorial service for those who had fallen during the battles on Esteros. As the leader of the Iron Knights, Kaitlyn Farris had led the service, reading out the names of those who had died while doing her best to talk up all they had accomplished. She knew that if they had kept fighting there would have been more losses, and that the Assembly's negotiated peace had spared her and her unit that pain. However, deep down, there was that feeling that she could have done more, the desire to not leave a job unfinished.

As she looked over the assembled ranks of the Iron Knights, she couldn't help but notice how few of the original unit remained. A decade ago she had rescued them from their own exile and lead them out of darkness, but time and the realities of the mercenary life had also taken its toll. Not only did those that they had hired in the years since outnumber the originals, but there had also been a degree of generational change as well, with the children of some older members taking their parents' places.

This was something she'd done before at other times on other worlds. It never got easier, but this time it felt different. She couldn't help but consider all that Lana Kotovski had told her and the opportunities that it represented. We are not alone, she reminded herself. We have allies. When she had bought the Iron Knights back into the Inner Sphere after generations in exile, she had still felt like an outsider, an alien in a strange land. But now that had changed.

And yet, she couldn't help but think of something else that had come up. My family's curse. Still, there was an opportunity there, one that she had not known of before. The King family, allies of her predecessors, had also survived. And in learning this, Kaitlyn saw an opportunity to find the truth of her past and why those that had come before her had made their choices.

In the aftermath she'd taken a little time to herself to collect her thoughts, retreating into the Red Son's bunkroom while everyone else was engaged with other matters. Sitting on one of the bunks, she was interrupted by the slightest of coughs. Looking up, she saw Iulia entering the room. “Have a seat,” Kait offered, shuffling over a little to offer her a place.

Iulia nodded and sat next to her. “How are you?”

“Tired?” Kait managed. “I've done this before, and you've been there. Different worlds and places, but it never seems to get any easier”

“That is good,” Iulia replied. “When it stops affecting you, that is when it is a problem.”

“I suppose so,” she shrugged. “But it just feels a little strange in many ways. This was my dream after all. You know, working in the Inner Sphere, not just going after scraps in the Periphery. And yet...”

“You're not happy with how it ended.”

“I am not,” she agreed. “But I also know that its a part of the job. We're ultimately at the mercy of our employers.”

“That is true,” Iulia nodded. “And what they want may not be the same as what is best for you.” She was looking off into the distance as she spoke, despite the small room.

“hm, now I can tell there's something on your mind.”

“Thinking,” Iulia admitted.

“About anything in particular?” Kaitlyn asked.

"How we got to this.” She shrugged. “The man I was betrothed to.”

“Ah,” Kait managed as she considered the full implications. “Do you, you know, regret how that all worked out?”

“No,” her friend shook her head. “Had things gone differently, I would have done my duty to my family, and so would have he. But I know that the pair of us would have been deeply miserable with the whole arrangement and over time would have grown to hate each other.”

“I suppose so.”

“In fact, the only person who might have been happy with it all would have been my mother,” Iulia added. “As I would have served my primary role of giving her the heir she so desired, my misery be damned.”

“And your mother is, of course, deeply insane.”

“Well yes,” Iulia agreed without the slightest hesitation.

“Still, it could have been worse,” Kait continued. “You could have been betrothed to my cousin.”

Iulia made a disgusted looking face. “No, absolutely not. I would have sooner married a pig”

That caused Kait to laugh a little. “I mean, things didn't really work out like any of us had expected. But at the same time, I'm kind of glad they did.” She took a deep breath. “I miss my parents deeply. But at the same time, if they were still alive and everything else, then we'd still be rotting away on that rock.”

“The universe moves in mysterious ways,” Iulia stated. “What happened to your parents was a tragedy, but it let you take control of your life.”

“I would not have any of this,” Kait agreed. “Or my best friend.” She put her arm around Iula's shoulder, giving the other woman a gentle hug.

“This is true,” Iulia nodded. “And I could not have forseen any of this.”

“And I know you mean that sincerely,” Kait added.

“Well...”

“I should get myself ready,” Kait finished with a sigh. “I have one last duty to attend to.” She stood and headed for the door, only to stop and turn back to her friend. “One other thing. Was Major Kotovski's Battlemaster really cursed?”

“Yes,” Iulia nodded. “Absolutely.”

-----

Much like when the Iron Knights had first arrived on Esteros, their departure was accompanied by a formal reception at Graf Kayserling's estate. She had been there as the commander of the unit, with Leon there as her aide and partner for the evening. Once again they'd donned their dress uniforms, doing their best to appear presentable. None the less, Kait still felt under-dressed and underwhelming compared to the ostentatious apparel of the nobility.

There were a number of notable differences to that first reception, however. The most notable of them was the presence of Baroness Giana Sigonella among the honored guests, having apparently been completely forgiven for her role in the planet's civil war. In a further sign of her apparent redemption, Sigonella's granddaughter had been seated next to Graf Kayserling's son at the formal dinner. Given that the Margrave had been trying to impress that son onto her earlier, Kait could only imagine that plan had changed.

There was one other thing she noticed; a new face in the crowd who stood out due to his apparel. A sharp-looking man, he wore a comparatively simple dark blue suit with a green trim and a pin on his lapel that she did not recognize. She could only assume that he was there from the mysterious Alynia Mercantile League that had employed the Star of Sumer, suggesting that the Esteros Assembly had come to some sort of accommodation with them already. Or, at the very least, Baroness Sigonella had.

Of course there had been speeches from several of those involved. Kaitlyn had been among them, with hers being comparatively short and perfunctory; a reminder that Esteros' current peace had been bought with lives lost and that those involved should not rest on their laurels. She was pretty sure that Baroness Sigonella was side-eyeing her throughout it.

Finally, there had been the ball, a chance for those present to mingle with each other and engage in discrete conversations. Kaitlyn had no doubt that the future of Esteros was being decided on the dance floor, and that dozens of different agendas would be in play by the end of the night. Her response was to play it safe and stick with Leon, knowing that she was now on the outside of whatever future might be forged out of the night's machinations.

“So is this going to happen often?” Kait asked.

“What, noble balls?” Leon replied with a chuckle.

“I meant more of the employer having their own agenda,” Kait explained. “One that doesn't agree with your own operational goals.”

“Well, maybe a bit,” Leon considered. “Or a lot. Or, you know, all the time.”

“You're really an optimist, you know that,” she replied, a smile on her lips.

“Practical experience,” he simply replied. “But no, it won't always be like this. What happened here was a rapidly changing situation and leadership that were struggling to keep up with it. The situation now is completely different to where it was a year ago, and even more so than where it was a year before that. And who knows where it will be a year from now.”

She glanced over again at the man in the suit. “I suppose so.”

“I think the best way to put it is to hope for the best and expect the worst,” Leon admitted. “For every selfish, greedy or cowardly employer there will be one that honest and forward with you. The secret is to try and figure out which way your employer is going to go before they swerve you.”

“True. But still, I couldn't have done this without you,” she admitted. “And not just because of all you did on the battlefield. Your advice on handling the nobles and all that they had going on was invaluable.”

“You took me in, gave me a chance and a BattleMech,” he explained. “Not many people would do that. My looking out for you is the least I can do in return”

“Clearly I did well for that investment,” she nodded. “Which is why I am going to make you another offer.”

“Go on,” he nodded.

“We're going to be dealing with many other employers in future, as well as Lana's... allies,” the last part she kept quiet, even if it seemed pointless to do such. “I'd like you to be at the forefront of my team, helping me to understand our employers and allies, and aiding in our dealings with them"

“Why would you punish me like this?” Leon chuckled. “But you know, I would be glad to.”

“Thank you,” she smiled.

“And if nothing else, I can tell Iulia which ones to curse,” he added.

It was all she could do not to burst out laughing. “Stop it,” Kait finally managed.

“mm, maybe.”

She smiled. “I'll take that.”
Hey there! I made sure to read through the posting rules this time, so this should be a much better post than my last one.  I made sure to check the relevant errata thread and search the site and everything.

This should be a very simple question to answer too, just a yes/no answer. 

So, on pp. 134 of IO:AA, in the section describing what units can be a valid control unit for SRCS drones to recieve orders from, it says this:
Control Unit Requirements: Any unit weighing 200 tons or less in total mass must have functioning sensors and at least 3 tons of communications equipment, a C3 command computer, an improved C3 computer, or a cockpit command console, in order to act as a robotic Control Unit. Units so equipped can send 1 command to robotic units per turn for each such piece of equipment possessed (to a minimum of 1 command sent per turn). For example, a BattleMech that features both a cockpit command console and an improved C3 computer would be able to send 2 commands to friendly robotic units per turn.
It is unclear to me whether or not the "C3 Command Computer" is a C3 Master or if it could also be a C3 slave.  I assume it is a master, as drone commands require a cockpit command console or 3 tons of comms equipment otherwise, but I thought I should clarify what exactly it meant. 

It would be really cool to have every 1t C3 slave be able to issue drone commands, but that seems a little too OP. 

I suppose it could mean that integrated drone control is exclusive to C3i computers, and a C3 command computer is actually talking about an SDS system or naval C3 or something, but there isn't any page reference there and I read through the SDS rules (which are adjacent to this section) and couldn't find anything called a "C3 Command Computer" beyond naval C3. 

For now I will work on the assumption that it meant a C3 master exclusively. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register