Author Topic: Two Augumented Lances, 5th McCarron's Armoured Cavalry (Big Mac), Late Republic  (Read 623 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
So I just finished painting up 52 5th Big Mac minis. Only one problem - the unit needs 58! Six minis outstanding for delivery with the Mercs KS - four Maxims, an Ostroc, and an Assassin. So the full augumented battalion will have to wait a little.

In the meantime, here's some samples:

The Command Lance - Emperor EMP-6L (subbing in a lightly modified Primitive Emperor, because it just rocks!), Marauder MAD-6L, Archer ARC-7L, Crusader CRD-7L, and two Morningstars. The 'Mechs are all Stealth-equipped; the Morningstars provide that critical MHQ level for Battlefield Intelligence, plus can presumably transport platoons of staff, engineers, entertainers, or Disciplinary Tax Agents as needed.

1st Company 1st Lance is a Battle Lance, led by a dual Gauss Cyclops CPC-11-B, Lightning LHN-C5, Lao Hu LHU-3L (why yes, the RAC does resemble one off an Archangel - purely coincidental, I assure you!), and a Warhammer WHM-4L.

And in the meantime, the body of the Battalion is packed away awaiting its reinforcements, to bring them up to full complement:

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel

avon1985

• Major
Very sweet! :smilie_happy_thumbup:

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
Nice, cool pattern. Awful pun very much intended :D
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

RabidFox

• Sergeant
Nice! :smilie_party_cheers:

How and where do you store all the minis you work on?  You're a machine cranking these out.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow

I like the color scheme.  Good work.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Grizzly

• Master Sergeant
  • Average Liao Enjoyer
Nice work!

"I checked the [MUL] log, and it says that you--specifically--broke it." -Greekfire

Check out my tribute to the CCAF at www.instagram.com/average_liao_enjoyer/

MWO handle: Grizlie
Mercenaries Kickstarter backer #268

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
How and where do you store all the minis you work on?  You're a machine cranking these out.

I have a Brian Cache in the secure and geologically stable strata of my basement in the oldest continent. Not many Aussie houses have basements, but we're on the side of a hill, and I got the area behind the garage dug out.  Will get some current pics on the weekend.

(The secret is, bookshelves, with extra shelves added between the fixed shelves)
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Corrinald

• Master Sergeant
I love seeing your large matching units. This is great MAC lineup! Really liking what you did with the 11B Cyclops. Could you get another pic of that from the other side?

Definitely need to get back to my MAC units.

BaldDen

• Sergeant
Nice work!!! :smilie_happy_thumbup:

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Great job!!!!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
Well done.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
How and where do you store all the minis you work on? 

Okay, here's the main Melbourne Brian Cache northern annex, assembly/maintenance area, and HPG complex

Western annex, plus storage for paints & WIP

Western storage complex:

The new Southern Cache expansions:

Need to get some extra shelves into the thin bookcase on the right, and look at moving my sourcebooks/TROs from the blue shelving so I'll have room for the KS minis when painted.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Those are some SOLID bookshelves!  Nice work! :)

Gladius-XC

• Sergeant
That's impressive!

Wasteland Warrior

• Corporal
Great work on those Mac mechs, love the colours.

And Melbourne's Brian Cache is truly impressive.

abou

• Captain
Not going to lie: that collection seems smaller than I expected.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
You Sir clearly Hobby better than I do, LOL!

Impressive, Most Impressive
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

RabidFox

• Sergeant
Okay, here's the main Melbourne Brian Cache northern annex, assembly/maintenance area, and HPG complex

Wow... my 1 1/2 Ikea bookshelfs are put to shame. :grin:

Register