Author Topic: Herb Redburn  (Read 1603 times)

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
Herb Redburn
« on: 01 June 2020, 10:24:43 »
In universe the Touring the Stars series has long been the work of Professor Bertram Habeas, obviously based on Herbert A. Beas II the former BT Line Developer.

The latest ToS:Jardine instead is introduced by a Professor Herbert Redburn. Does this see the retirement of prof Habeas or is it a one time thing?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Herb Redburn
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2020, 11:17:48 »
Correct. The professor retired and Dr. Herbert Redburn has taken up the position of editor of the One World at a Time periodical at Free Republic Press.

Family, friends, and colleagues all agreed it was night time for Professor Habeas to retire and enjoy his twilight years—Habeas celebrated his centennial several years ago. Some wags have even dropped hints that the Professor was no longer “all there.” It may be no coincidence however, that Habeas’ retirement came no sooner than forces of the Wolf Empire landed on planet. When contacted by this publication about his retirement, the Professor was hastily filling up a duffel bag and was quoted as saying, “****** that noise!”

Dr. Hebert Redburn is a graduate of the prestigious University of Tharkad, and is currently tenured at the New Thorin University. A decsendent of Thelos Auburn and a cousin of Exarch Redburn, Dr. Redburn is best known for his unfortunately titled book, The Jihad: A Good Start.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2020, 15:04:54 »
I can't wait to read more about Herb Redburn now.  >:D

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2020, 11:59:20 »
Some say that he spent four months learning how to read German upside down, and that he can type at 45 words per minute... with his left foot.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Register