Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic / Re: What did you just eat?
« Last post by Ruger on 20 May 2024, 21:15:19 »
Interesting.  Was there something done to the portabellas to try and approximate the texture of pizza crust?

I did not. Might try to do so next time, but they were quite decent as was.

Ruger
BattleMechs / Re: Small Re-Engineered/Variable Speed Lasers Challenge
« Last post by Ruger on 20 May 2024, 21:12:29 »
How about this?

Code: [Select]
                 BattleMech Technical Readout

Name/Model:         Wolf Spider WF-SPD-3R
Designer:           Ruger
Source(s):          Custom Mordel.Net Units
Technology:         Inner Sphere
Technology Rating:  E
Tonnage:            35
Configuration:      Biped BattleMech
Era/Year:           Dark Age / 3150
Rules (Current):    Advanced
Rules (Era):        Advanced
Rules (Year):       Advanced
Total Cost:         6,524,460 C-Bills
Battle Value:       787

Chassis:              Endo Steel
Power Plant:          280 XL
Walking Speed:        86.4 kph 
Maximum Speed:        129.6 kph
Jump Jets:            Standard
    Jump Capacity:    240 meters
Armor:                Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:             
    2 Small VSP Lasers
    3 Small Re-engineered Lasers
Manufacturer:         Unknown
    Primary Factory:  Unknown
Communications:       Unknown
Targeting & Tracking: Unknown

================================================================================================
Equipment                                                             Mass                     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure:                         Endo Steel                 2.00                     
Engine:                                       280 XL                   8.00                     
    Walking MP:                                 8                                               
    Running MP:                                 12                                             
    Jumping MP:                                 8                                               
Heat Sinks (Double):                         10 [20]                   0.00                     
Gyro:                                        Standard                  3.00                     
Cockpit:                                     Standard                  3.00                     
Armor Factor:                                  116                     6.50                     
    Type:                                 Ferro-Fibrous                                         

Internal         Armor     
                                    Structure        Value     
    Head:                               3              8       
    Center Torso:                      11             17       
    Center Torso (rear):                               5       
    R/L Torso:                          8             12       
    R/L Torso (rear):                                  4       
    R/L Arm:                            6             12       
    R/L Leg:                            8             15       

================================================================================================
Weapons and Ammo                                       Location          Critical     Tonnage   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Re-engineered Laser                                 H                 1          1.50             
2 Small Re-engineered Lasers                              CT                2          3.00             
2 Jump Jets                                               RT                2          1.00             
Small VSP Laser                                           RT                1          2.00             
2 Jump Jets                                               LT                2          1.00             
Small VSP Laser                                           LT                1          2.00             
2 Jump Jets                                               RL                2          1.00             
2 Jump Jets                                               LL                2          1.00             

Alpha Strike Statistics                                             
Point Value (PV): 28
TP: BM,  SZ: 1,  TMM: 3,  MV: 16"j
Damage: (S) 3 / (M) 1 / (L) 0,  OV: 0
Armor (A): 4,  Structure (S): 2
Specials: ENE

Ruger
Yeah, the mods here are the friendliest and most approachable I've ever seen on a gaming message forum.  They're just trying to keep things friendly and polite.
Why is there no like button on this flippin' forum?  Seriously it's been 13 or so years of thankless work of by these folks keeping this site one of the nicest on the internet and we still can't afford a like button?

If anyone wonders why the Kickstarter is successful/even happens it's because the community fostered here and cared for by the mods and the members.

Now I just need to find places for the stuff I'll likely never paint but hopefully my kids will (one was reading Warrior: En Garde tonight, so there is hope).
It also makes sense that we had leaders with good combat skills because the cards were introduced in the Clan Invasion KS, and among the Clans you sometimes have to personally defend your decisions . . . Elias Crichell being an exception.  Even then his ability to dodge the issue ran out.
Off Topic / Re: What did you just eat?
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on 20 May 2024, 21:04:30 »
Interesting.  Was there something done to the portabellas to try and approximate the texture of pizza crust?
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: Finishing off the PPC options for IS 3155
« Last post by Lycanphoenix on 20 May 2024, 21:03:34 »
Adding a minimum range to the Light ERPPC wouldn’t make any sense though. And it already produces more heat than it does damage...
Yeah, the mods here are the friendliest and most approachable I've ever seen on a gaming message forum.  They're just trying to keep things friendly and polite.
Clan Chatterweb / Re: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.
« Last post by Colt Ward on 20 May 2024, 20:55:18 »
I have a map-scale Broadsword I am going to paint up for our state con, entering both a mech and the dropship.  Crusader & Warden fleet assets are painted the same, so it will not matter THOUGH I am thinking of doing the 352nd Assault Cluster's logo some where.

While not absolute canon, the small dropship in GBL has Ghost Bear logos plastered all over it along with . . . the trinary logo?  I am thinking of doing a large Wolf logo on the middle of the back.  I have a few FPG decals my wife gave me so I could put them on the 'wings' and the front opposite the SRM6 on the side of the bridge.  Which means the broad part on the back I could put a stencil of the 352nd.

What I am not looking for is a dropship that could be looked at quickly and just think it is a generic Clan dropship- what amount of logos would be 'military' and how much makes it looks like a NASCAR racer.
Challenges and Gatherings / Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Last post by shadhawk on 20 May 2024, 20:35:53 »
In that case, I'll send Stygg's Hammer instead.

That works  :cool:
Seems suspect. ISF is watching. Carry on.

No. We listen to the mods here, because they've been doing this for literally decades and know what topics set people off. Don't let the paranoid brainworms from other places infect you. The mods are tyrants in the shadows, they're fellow fans who can be trusted to head off what flame wars they can, and stamp out those they can't.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]