Author Topic: Swapping fighter bays for other types in the Succession Wars?  (Read 2677 times)

idea weenie

• Major
Re: Swapping fighter bays for other types in the Succession Wars?
« Reply #30 on: 12 December 2023, 21:16:16 »
I like to think infantry "bay" quarters can be containerized, to limit the consumption of consumables.

Some sort of 5-ton 'container' setup, with common fittings designed to plug into the ship's power and water grid?  With extra 10-ton containers of spare food, CO2 scrubbers, and other stuff that lets you get 20 person-days per ton of cargo via Bay Quarters.

The infantry is still sleeping in a cargo bay, but at least the 5-ton life support rig is online and supplied so the life support isn't strained.

But this is starting to sound like what would go in a fluff piece for a civilian vessel.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 12 December 2023, 22:30:00 »
Yep
We have discussed variations occasionally here for a couple years, I see it as land unit unload and truck containers to location, hook them up, add camo net etc and it's a mobile base
On the dropship everyone's stuff is still in the same container, it's a lot like a bunch of Winnebagos on a large ferry
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #32 on: 13 December 2023, 17:47:27 »

On the dropship everyone's stuff is still in the same container, it's a lot like a bunch of Winnebagos on a large ferry
I wonder if one of those those Winnebago is space capable named the Eagle 5
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 13 December 2023, 23:08:41 »
I wonder if one of those those Winnebago is space capable named the Eagle 5
Thats the shuttle
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 16 December 2023, 22:27:17 »
Thats the shuttle

I thought the Winnebago shuttle was equipped to jam enemy vessels?

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 16 December 2023, 22:59:21 »
That's cousin eddie
“Toe jam in training”

JA Baker

Register