Author Topic: Knights of Saint Cameron ?  (Read 5677 times)

DOC_Agren

• Major
Re: Knights of Saint Cameron ?
« Reply #60 on: 25 December 2023, 09:51:57 »
Well it is also something most "future" games included as part of getting Cyber..
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #61 on: 31 December 2023, 00:32:52 »
Ok in jest, what is the possibility of this happening ?

Order or Chapter of Saint Cameron having / finding a (secret) "Brain Cache"

Other Inner Sphere developments, new Tamar Pact made up of Hinterland factions, on a council but still sovereign (against the Horses perhaps)

ELH, RAF remnants, NWH forming anti League alliance

Also another interesting thing on my mind is how will ilClan look after 20+ years, aka, Alaric gone perhaps, first generation, dawning on second how integration will go

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #62 on: 31 December 2023, 03:09:28 »
He must have some Ward DNA in him as it was required to activate the recording telling him where he could find the McKenna's Pride.

No, he really does not . . . the ship's manifest tracks who is aboard, his codex is faked up, boom message pops on screen.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 31 December 2023, 03:18:06 »
Well it is also something most "future" games included as part of getting Cyber..

mostly to dischourage every cyberpunk RPG from having the players end up more cybernetic then robocop :)
The Suns will shine again

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
« Reply #64 on: 31 December 2023, 12:17:16 »
Ok in jest, what is the possibility of this happening ?

Order or Chapter of Saint Cameron having / finding a (secret) "Brain Cache"

Well when your story begins with "my mercenary unit found a Brian Cache" you've gone full Monty Haul on page 1.

Other Inner Sphere developments, new Tamar Pact made up of Hinterland factions, on a council but still sovereign (against the Horses perhaps)

Well Brewer already asked other people to make an alliance with him and they told him to piss off. The Malthuses are already working with Regis but she doesn't want anyone to know, because the terms of their agreement involve her turning a blind eye to bad shit. The ARLC is very clearly refusing to step over the line to independence at all. Jiyi's Falcons are not willing to recognize civilians as equals to them. So you could have some kind of alliance between the AML and Tamar Pact. Not much of a council.

ELH, RAF remnants, NWH forming anti League alliance

The ELH has thrown in with the FS, being quite indebted to Julian Davion after he went all Gordian Knot on all their legal woes. The NWH has also subcontracted to Hansen's Roughriders to work for the FS.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 31 December 2023, 15:42:14 »
Now that the ELH is back, here is to hoping Smithson's Chinese Bandits return. No one holds hope for the Star Guards.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 31 December 2023, 18:28:58 »
No one holds hope for the Star Guards.

(In a small voice) I have hope.

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 31 December 2023, 21:16:30 »
I always assumed the Star Guards were a pet unit of someone who had stroke at FASA but were only employed for a narrow window of time. In 3025 they're one of the biggest outfits in the Inner Sphere, in 3050 they just get wiped out as a footnote.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #68 on: 31 December 2023, 21:27:40 »
I always assumed the Star Guards were a pet unit of someone who had stroke at FASA but were only employed for a narrow window of time. In 3025 they're one of the biggest outfits in the Inner Sphere, in 3050 they just get wiped out as a footnote.

Some "big" players had to get wiped out to sell the Clans as a threat. The 12th Star Guards are just the Free Rasalhague Republic writ small. Born to die, so that factions and units TPTB actually cared about could live on.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #69 on: 31 December 2023, 22:45:15 »
mostly to dischourage every cyberpunk RPG from having the players end up more cybernetic then robocop :)
Not going to disagree.. Cyberpsychosis and to bring in C-SWAT to deal with them.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #70 on: 31 December 2023, 23:42:59 »

Eh, 3 of the 5 regiments got hammered- and we know one went native on a Falcon world rather than fight more.  IIRC the remains during the Jihad became the Periphery Star Guard, employed by IE and they have a short story IIRC.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 01 January 2024, 04:43:07 »
Some "big" players had to get wiped out to sell the Clans as a threat. The 12th Star Guards are just the Free Rasalhague Republic writ small. Born to die, so that factions and units TPTB actually cared about could live on.

I feel like it might be more than that because they're that big in the House books. Everything else they farted out specifically to get churned under by the Clans (like the FRR and shitloads of AFFC regiments) was introduced in 20-Year Update.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #72 on: 01 January 2024, 06:44:23 »
I thought that Jiyi was now "everyone is important to Jade Falcon" even civs, thus they are recognised

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 01 January 2024, 10:39:28 »
I thought at the beginmning of the Clan invasion the Star Guards had 3 regiments left. The majority got wiped out by the Wolves but some support elements managed to flee. Those units became then known as Thor's Hammers as their CO was the one who commanded the Guards artillery support and he was only interested in building an artillery unit.

The Periphery Star Guard is a different beast. They were a rather loose collection of mercenaries that supported Comstar's Explorer Corps and then were hired by Interstellar Expeditions to guard their dig sites.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: 01 January 2024, 11:45:41 »
I thought at the beginmning of the Clan invasion the Star Guards had 3 regiments left. The majority got wiped out by the Wolves but some support elements managed to flee. Those units became then known as Thor's Hammers as their CO was the one who commanded the Guards artillery support and he was only interested in building an artillery unit.

The Periphery Star Guard is a different beast. They were a rather loose collection of mercenaries that supported Comstar's Explorer Corps and then were hired by Interstellar Expeditions to guard their dig sites.

We also have Bander Battlemechs whose Chief Tech was a member.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #75 on: 01 January 2024, 12:25:26 »
I thought at the beginmning of the Clan invasion the Star Guards had 3 regiments left.

They had the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th regiments.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 02 January 2024, 02:02:39 »
I thought that Jiyi was now "everyone is important to Jade Falcon" even civs, thus they are recognised

As long as they're willing to recognize their place in the hierarchy they can be "one of the good ones." Marena offers him a position as the leader of her army, and the idea of a warrior not being inherently Superior to a merchant is something he is not willing to entertain.