Author Topic: Invincible - what happened to her?  (Read 2613 times)

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
Invincible - what happened to her?
« on: 14 February 2014, 01:21:51 »
Do we know her final fate? Museum ship over Tharkad? I hope she wasn't scrapped

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Invincible - what happened to her?
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2014, 07:14:15 »
Last we heard, she made it back to Tharkad but was leaking atmosphere from the jump.  She's probably a museum ship.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2014, 02:48:23 »
When the tour guides heard the Jade Falcons were coming for Tharkad in the 3140s they knocked over the velvet ropes to move the Corsairs into the fighter cubicles.  Some giant Samoan tipped over a vending machine to get more access to the ship.  Old retired spacers started appearing on the decks to teach young punk Pocket Warship crewers how to fight a real ship.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2014, 02:52:33 »
Oh yes, I almost forgot . . . as she left her anchorage, the Invincible began playing ancient Terran rock . . . with the gunners for some reason yelling 'Thunderstruck!' when they fired the Naval PPCs.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

DarthRads

• Captain
  • Trust me...I'm the Doctor...
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2014, 21:51:17 »
Oh yes, I almost forgot . . . as she left her anchorage, the Invincible began playing ancient Terran rock . . . with the gunners for some reason yelling 'Thunderstruck!' when they fired the Naval PPCs.

I would have thought SHOOT TO THRILL or BIG GUN, but THUNDERSTRUCK is cool...

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2014, 16:53:52 »
She doesn't have to jump...all she has to do is make the Jade Pidgeons think twice about trying to land on Tharkad...:)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2014, 17:13:55 »
Which obviously did not work . . . though I do find it surprising that Malvina did not board the derelict and crash it into Alaric & the Lyran forces.  Apparently she is willing to drop a warship on the Falcon capital but not the Lyran?
Colt Ward

Auren

• Lieutenant
  • Well.
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2014, 14:36:02 »
Well, seeing as the Inner Sphere sees the Jade Falcons as less then people, nobody cared other then to get popcorn. Do that to Tharkad, however, and the Sphere will be pissed.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2014, 22:10:12 »
Question remains if the ship survived the Clan Wolf/Clan Jade Falcon invasion.

The ship was suppose to be retired from service after her KF Drive nearly failed after arriving home in the Tharkad system.  That being said, I don't know if Bonfire of Worlds mentions her (i've not read the book sadly) or her caretaker crew had her powerself out of way of the invasion.  She still had Fighter bay, she could have provided a home base for wayward fighters in system at least.  She had decent anti-air defenses if the could been made to operate.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2014, 22:16:22 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2014, 22:12:52 »
Never mentioned in Bonfire . . . we have had threads discussing about how/why the Invincible should have been restored to fighting capacity along with the Mjolnir BC.
Colt Ward

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #10 on: 24 February 2014, 19:11:23 »
It might be more of a question of where the Invincible was as a museum ship. If it was directly over Tharkad they might have just sent boarding partys to take possession and if it was away from Tharkad as a museum it might have just been completely ignored. Its also a possibility that as a museum it was a failure and it just sat empty most of the time due to lack of tourists who aren't exactly noted for taking daytrips in shuttles to visit aging warships in orbit. My money is on the Falcons showed up and the five docents on duty just looked out a window to see the dropships going by while they couldn't do anything as they were on battery power.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2014, 14:13:07 »
I'm rather hoping she's been mothballed somewhere in Tharkad space, waiting to come out and kick some Clans in the rear as a final card to play.
Agent # 703