Author Topic: High altitued rules?  (Read 1316 times)

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
High altitued rules?
« on: 05 May 2018, 13:13:19 »
Is their a way to do a game using high altitude rules? That is using the 18km hexes entirely in atmosphere, possibly with interface and space at the top of the map?
Or at lest maps where their are atmospheric hexes as well as space hexes?

Been doing some testing to get some what familiar with areas that I do not have as much experience on, and these are some of the ones I do not have, but I do not know how to do so in Megamek, it seems that you can only do pure space or low altitude combat.

HMS_Swiftsure

• Master Sergeant
Re: High altitued rules?
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2018, 13:38:06 »
When you're in the Select Map tab, you'll see a drop-down above map size and below the radio check box for "Use Ground/Atmosphere Map".  Two options in there, ground and atmosphere.  Atmosphere is the high altitude map.

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2018, 14:16:55 »
When you're in the Select Map tab, you'll see a drop-down above map size and below the radio check box for "Use Ground/Atmosphere Map".  Two options in there, ground and atmosphere.  Atmosphere is the high altitude map.
Unless im using it wrong "Atmospheric" is not the high altitude rules its the low altitude rules.

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2018, 16:58:26 »
Currently there is no setting for interaction between space and atmosphere.  The atmosphere mode mentioned is similar to low altitude.
Agent # 703

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2018, 16:04:02 »
Is their a way to do a game using high altitude rules? That is using the 18km hexes entirely in atmosphere, possibly with interface and space at the top of the map?
Or at lest maps where their are atmospheric hexes as well as space hexes?

Been doing some testing to get some what familiar with areas that I do not have as much experience on, and these are some of the ones I do not have, but I do not know how to do so in Megamek, it seems that you can only do pure space or low altitude combat.

There are three options available.

• Space - self explanatory I think
  • Atmosphere - where you're much higher up and hexes are at a completely different scale than ground combat. Works more like space combat with weapon ranges and such at least.
  • Ground - where you fly when providing ground cover and ASFs and ground units interact over the normal 30m hexes

None of them can interact. There's been talk of features to allow for that shifting from ground to space but it's never been more than talk until this point.

Register