Author Topic: Dusting spray suggestions for shelves, workspaces, etc.  (Read 2092 times)

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
I've been eyeballing on Endust while google searching for dusting sprays.  Do you think this would be good for undusting miniatures, shelves, and more as I mentioned in the title or a better dusting spray for shelves (with objects that are not miniatures, but other things like (off-topic) my Amiibos, miscellany collectibles and (on-topic) miniature working tools without spraying those specific objects themselves)
« Last Edit: 02 July 2020, 22:35:00 by SapphireWolf »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Dusting spray suggestions for shelves, workspaces, etc.
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2020, 22:21:32 »
So what's Endust supposed to do? As I read it (never heard of it before), you spray it on the dustcloth. So it helps remove the dust when using a cloth?

When I do clean my shelves (which I do every few years), I'll usually use a vacuum cleaner - one with a hose attachment, with one of those little brush head thingies. The brush disturbs the dust, and the vacuum sucks it up. The brush helps get into the back edges & corners.

For the minis, I usually give them a light go-over with a 1/2" or so house painting brush (the sort you use to do window frames, etc).

Best still would be to afford glass-fronted cabinets, but I'm using converted bookshelves for economy (more money for more minis!)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2020, 22:32:35 »
I do store my minis in cabinets that are glass fronted  ;)
as for the minis (don't know why I added minis to the post, I might've posted in the wrong section but this is for, let's just say, my work space) I use a blush brush to dust my minis but for this is for the work surface.  EDIT: first post's been edited  EDIT2(the editing.. okay that was an embarrassing subtitle): What I've read so far is that you need a soft cloth I do have small ones for like electronic screens, glasses, etc.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2020, 22:37:54 by SapphireWolf »

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2020, 22:47:58 »
Once you've moved the mini's out of the way, Endust would be Ok for the shelves etc, and let it dry fully before putting the mini's back...but I wouldn't be spraying this stuff on the minis themselves, even if you have a few good coats of varnish, it may affect them negatively. To clean the mini's, just use an appropriately sized paint brush to dust them off or use and airbrush just running plain air, if they are delicate miniatures and likely to break it dusting with a brush.

Here's the ingredients of Endust;

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2020, 13:07:13 »
So what's Endust supposed to do? As I read it (never heard of it before), you spray it on the dustcloth. So it helps remove the dust when using a cloth?

When I do clean my shelves (which I do every few years), I'll usually use a vacuum cleaner - one with a hose attachment, with one of those little brush head thingies. The brush disturbs the dust, and the vacuum sucks it up. The brush helps get into the back edges & corners.

For the minis, I usually give them a light go-over with a 1/2" or so house painting brush (the sort you use to do window frames, etc).

Best still would be to afford glass-fronted cabinets, but I'm using converted bookshelves for economy (more money for more minis!)
It's probably less of a problem with minis versus something like a Gunpla kit, but a piece of cloth can be a good "parts catcher."
https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/vacuum-pantyhose-trick-find-lost-small-object-256465
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Register