Author Topic: Ontos Challenge  (Read 4788 times)

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Ontos Challenge
« Reply #30 on: 14 August 2020, 17:04:06 »
old poster with blinder post comment: Which program do you use to get that pretty stat read out?  I have (finally, within the last month or so) got MML.  If that feature is there, how do you use it? (my word program is MS Word 2013).

right: Nice looking killer there! ... I continually see Chem or Reg MLAS and think 'meh', until I think of how much damage they really do when you have a bank of them (and hit).
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

acksed

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 14 August 2020, 20:00:13 »
Just Solaris Armour Werks, a subprogram of Solaris Skunkwerks. It's a little out of date and I still can't add new tech like Superchargers for some reason, but it's got excellent default formatting.
My Fic: [BattleTech] Not Invented Here - Technological progress is hard when you're all alone in the night... so why not send for help?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 14 August 2020, 20:51:25 »
Just Solaris Armour Werks, a subprogram of Solaris Skunkwerks. It's a little out of date and I still can't add new tech like Superchargers for some reason, but it's got excellent default formatting.

Aha, SAW is next on my download list to try out ... between kids and sheer laziness, may be a while before I get around to it (to be fair, barely figuring out MML at the moment).

acksed

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 14 August 2020, 22:33:06 »
MML is rather oddly-formatted when exporting to text: spaces in strange places, inappropriate linefeeds. You may have to switch on the old style in the options.
My Fic: [BattleTech] Not Invented Here - Technological progress is hard when you're all alone in the night... so why not send for help?

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #34 on: 22 August 2020, 13:43:32 »
I know, I know, its an ONTOS thread, but given the concept is Chemical Lasers & they are clan made, and the Clans don't own an Ontos factory, well, I got to thinking that there might be another option.

Clan Jade Falcon captured an Assault Tank factory that also uses LRMs w/ short ranged weaponry.
I give you the SturmFeur-C based on the SturmFeur-SRM variant, but, you know, with Lasers :)

Code: [Select]
Sturmfeur Heavy Tank C
Mass: 85 tons
Movement Type: Tracked
Power Plant: 255 ICE
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
     3 AP Gauss Rifle
     2 ATM 12
     4 Medium Chem Laser
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3100
Tech Rating/Availability: F/X-X-E-E
Cost: 4,121,338 C-bills
Type: Sturmfeur Heavy Tank
Technology Base: Clan (Experimental)
Tonnage: 85
Battle Value: 1,931
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure 8.5
Engine 255 ICE 26
     Cruising MP: 3
     Flanking MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 0 0
Control Equipment: 4.5
Power Amplifier: 0
Turret: 1
Armor Factor (Ferro): 336 17.5
Internal
Structure Armor
Value
Front 9 72
R/L Side 9/9 72/72
Rear 9 52
Turret 9 68
Weapons
and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
2 ATM 12s Front 10 14
3 AP Gauss Rifles Turret 3 1.5
4 Medium Chem Lasers Turret 4 4
Extended-Range ATM/12 Ammo (15) Body 3 3
Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifle Ammo (40) Body 1 1
Medium Chemical Laser Ammo (60) Body 2 2
High-Explosive ATM/12 Ammo (10) Body 2 2

The hull mounted LRM is now twin ATMs.
The Turret MG/SRM4 are now APG/M-Chems

The chassis/engine are unchanged for simplicity  (Other than Clan now gives it "Magic-CASE".
I did upgrade the Armor to save some weight to make room for all the ammo that was needed.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 22 August 2020, 13:59:35 »
that is very nice.  You can still go mixed IS and just use clan weapons right? Or if JF has the factory I'm sure they've placed some techs in there to make sure everything is installed properly.

The ML are almost an afterthought when you factor in the ATM's HE ammo ... at medium range for the ML, APG and ATM this thing will be like shredder!

Looking at the original image, I think you're fully in line if JF does a slight chassis redesign, perhaps setting the turret farther back for the direct fire weapons and having the ATMs mounted directly front.
« Last Edit: 22 August 2020, 14:08:31 by Wolf72 »