Author Topic: Favorite Bloodline from a Clan you don't like  (Read 1434 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
Favorite Bloodline from a Clan you don't like
« on: 28 January 2024, 17:55:10 »
A lot of us have our favorite Bloodnames/Bloodlines from Clans that we like, or are fans of.

I'm going to spin it around a bit.

What is your favorite bloodname/bloodline from a Clan you don't like or even strongly dislike, and why?

Just having a little fun. Curious to see what people say.

Jazzhands Licker

• Recruit
Re: Favorite Bloodline from a Clan you don't like
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2024, 19:17:45 »
Sainze, because no two people pronounce it the same way.

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2024, 19:22:31 »
Sainze, because no two people pronounce it the same way.

I've always pronounced it like Saint but with a Z toward the end. What other way is there to pronounce it? Genuinely asking. I wasn't aware this was a thing.

Jazzhands Licker

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2024, 19:33:00 »
Sah-een-ze (my way, because I want to sound pretentious)
Sainz
Signs
San-zay

Heard quite a few. 

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2024, 21:14:34 »
I like this.

Lets see....

Jags: 
Moon    (Because its, you know, the MOON)
Furey    (Because Jaguars are so "furry & furious"

Falcons: 
Pryde     (Because of the Aiden trilogy)
Folkner   (Because I can't look at it & not think its some sort of combo of William Faulkner & Roy Fokker)
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2024, 23:09:06 »
Kell

(I'll think up some more later)

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2024, 12:33:05 »
hmmm from a Clan I don't like...

Well, at least, a Clan I like less than the rest?  does that work?

Truscott, Clan Star Adder.  I have issues with people who will buy off on genocide directed at isolationists whom are demonstrably not a threat and arguably not worth attacking.  Going Exterminatus on an absorption is also something that doesn't sit right.  Stationing guards to look for Newts to kill? that's a whole extra level of disgusting...but the bloodline's story is cool.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

S2pidiT

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2024, 15:02:45 »
Folkner   (Because I can't look at it & not think its some sort of combo of William Faulkner & Roy Fokker)
It's also close to "Falconer", and considering it's the Jade Falcons...

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2024, 22:23:34 »
hmmm from a Clan I don't like...

Well, at least, a Clan I like less than the rest?  does that work?

Truscott, Clan Star Adder.  I have issues with people who will buy off on genocide directed at isolationists whom are demonstrably not a threat and arguably not worth attacking.  Going Exterminatus on an absorption is also something that doesn't sit right.  Stationing guards to look for Newts to kill? that's a whole extra level of disgusting...but the bloodline's story is cool.

Pretty much exactly the same reasoning, but for me it's Banacek.

Also from the Ghost Bears, Kabrinski.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2024, 09:11:42 »
Answering my own question, I've got a couple that stand out.

McCloud- Clan Cloud Cobra

I used to be a bigger fan of the Cloud Cobras, but their deeds during the Wars of Reaving era left a bad taste in my mouth. Particularly executing some Horses' sibkos. But I also recall them getting in on the orbital bombardment game with glee at one point. I feel like they betrayed all that they claimed to stand for in that time period. Their military didn't impress me much either, particularly the way they lost the McKenna-class Second Coming. I like the McClouds though...

The book Op. Klondike gave us Kellen McCloud of the Cloud Cobras as a Notable Mechwarrior for the Shogun. Talks about how he was a vocal supporter of the common man and incorporating the Pentagon Worlds citizens into the Clans. Thought he sounded cool, his earlier exploits during the Terran Campaign are impressive too.

Later we get Khan Samson McCloud who created the Clan's reserve system of warriors. In which reserve contingents of warriors were assigned to all line units, ready to step up when casualties or an open slot appeared. I thought that was very smart, and it targeted one of the biggest weaknesses of the Clans, the fact that it takes 20 years to create a new warrior and so disastrous losses can take a very long time to recoup. So I have a healthy respect for that. So overall the McClouds have a track record I like.

Danforth- Clans Burrock and Jade Falcon

I also like the Danforth Bloodname. Originally of Clan Burrock. A Clan that I never really cared for, and their dealings with dark caste left the smell of a corrupt leadership from practically Day 1. I was never much of a Falcon fan either.

I was intrigued early on to see Zenos Danforth appear as an ilKhan in Clan history. I wanted to know more about him. Later we get a Jade Falcon Galaxy Commander Lizabet Danforth. Born of a Burrock-Falcon line, according to FM: CC she was unusual among the Falcons for being a proponent of Free Will and self-expression. She just sounded like someone I'd like, personally, as well as being a good warrior and commanding officer. It's very possible her beliefs have nothing to do with her Bloodname and bloodline, but I always wondered if she was influenced by other Danforths in the Bloodname House and if those views were more common there. At the very least it made the Danforths interesting to me.

Angrii

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2024, 10:09:32 »
Kerensky.

They breed shrewd, pragmatic, politically adept leaders. Never cared much for Clan Mary-Sue- I mean Wolf -except under Ulric's stewardship. That man had brass balls and smarts to go with his praiseworthy ideals.
Welcome to interesting times

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #11 on: 31 January 2024, 18:48:06 »
I've never been a fan of Clan Ice Hellion, but I do like the ring of several of their Bloodnames: Lienet, Cage and Norizuchi in particular. And I really enjoyed watching Connor Rood's arc play out from Field Manual Crusader Clans all the way through to the Imperio.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2024, 08:30:30 »
I could never take Fire Mandrill seriously, I mean, super space steroid monkies lol

Payne and Lopez

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2024, 12:00:48 »
I could never take Fire Mandrill seriously, I mean, super space steroid monkies lol
I hear you, and yet, this sounds strangely like the Clan Evolution of Elemental Bloodlines.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 04 February 2024, 22:21:03 »
Clan Star Adder-Connery.  Because now I have to imagine Khan Sean Connery, of Clan Star Adder.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #15 on: 05 February 2024, 05:06:24 »
Guidice of Clan Star Adder, because I will never ever read this Bloodname and not think of Real Housewives of New Jersey.

I'd include Connery, but "Macleod Connery" has to be one of the single cringiest names I've EVER seen put to print in this franchise.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2024, 05:49:57 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #16 on: 08 February 2024, 21:50:29 »
And that's saying something.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #17 on: 10 February 2024, 13:51:52 »
There are no Clans I don’t like and I never thought that would be a problem! 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2024, 22:10:04 »
Osis.  The sheer ability to get elected ilKhan and then have the universe hit you with an aerospace fighter and the largest hammer the Inner Sphere has wielded in centuries.  Clan Smoke Jaguar is the poster child for poetic irony in BT.

Pryde-This describes the Falcons to a T. One of their most dezgra members has one of the best reputations after he died. I've had an on again, off again like for the Jade Falcons. The fact that they lost at the height of their power to Wolf and are now glorified bodyguards shows them they need to follow Aidan Pryde's example

Ward-How appropriate that a Kerensky not be ilKhan.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2024, 23:33:05 »
Leo Showers was the ilKhan when his flagship became a convertible.  Lincoln Osis wasn't elected ilKhan for about a decade after that.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

The Wobbly Guy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 12 February 2024, 10:58:54 »

Maybe not even a Ward genetically, lol.

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2024, 14:15:11 »

It would be a bit on the nose, this works better in the long run

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 19 February 2024, 19:32:17 »
I don't know how I didn't notice this before, but a couple of Cobra bloodnames feel like US Army Air Corps / US Air Force references.

Eaker, Spaatz. Just do a google search for General Eaker, General Spaatz.

Are there more?

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 17 March 2024, 20:38:19 »
Oh and Malthus. Because information truly was ammunition in fighting the Falcons, and boy did Nicolai Malthus give Steiner a whole bunch of Information.

Register