Author Topic: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links  (Read 57770 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
Re: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links
« Reply #90 on: 02 April 2017, 04:04:46 »
Tagging...and do you have a list of the names or handles of the creators of these? (Would be good to keep track of that.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #91 on: 02 April 2017, 21:20:02 »
Worktroll, try this using the freeware GIMP:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/convert-photographs-line-drawings-gimp-46192.html

Given it a go, BN, and looks worth a go! I do need to take fresh photos against a white, blank background though.

W.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2017, 21:27:14 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Blacknova

• Bullet Magnet
  • Captain
  • I am Thomas Hogarth's Love Child
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #92 on: 05 April 2017, 00:48:51 »
Has a real early 80s production value feel.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

Unofficial LD for 2 seconds - It was a glorious moment!

"They can bring it. We fought off an army of guys who wore 20 pound decorative brass shoulder pauldrons. I'm not afraid of the Disney Land mascot brigade" - MadCapellan, in reference to the Confederation possibly facing the Clans.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #93 on: 20 April 2017, 18:25:11 »
...As I struggle to figure out how to backup my fan collection, I note it is now 402 files, containing 1.41 GIGABYTES.  I can't keep it on the box anymore, and the external drive is almost full.

I'll have to figure out how to burn disks again.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #94 on: 20 April 2017, 18:57:43 »
Spring for a TB drive... they're not that expensive these days...

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #95 on: 20 April 2017, 19:33:49 »
I was going to, but I have about 20-30 blanks lying around.  Talk about how fast tech goes out of date.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #96 on: 28 May 2017, 13:12:28 »
Two comments:

May I  suggest 2 edits to the top post:
  • The implicit directions to have people contact you (with their email address in the request) for access to the drop box (it took a lot of reading for me to realize this)
  • A link to the dropbox (so that repeat access can be made by those with permission)
Thanks.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 13:22:26 by Revanche »

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #97 on: 03 June 2017, 21:39:58 »
Medron Pride has many items stashed on his website, including my Combat Support Field Manual.

http://www.pryderockindustries.com/
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #98 on: 03 June 2017, 22:12:01 »
Medron Pride has many items stashed on his website, including my Combat Support Field Manual.

http://www.pryderockindustries.com/

Yup...   O:-)  I should have most or all, but thanks - I'll take another look.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 23 July 2017, 09:39:09 »
Apparently, a facebook group called Battletech International has done up a book on the history of the unseens, showing their original art for the images, etc.

I've tried to find it, but because I don't want to join the group on my wife's account all I get is the 'Join the Group' public face.  Does anybody have this book, Unseens?  Is anybody already a member of the Group, or wants to join the Group, and can you tell me about the book?  Thanks!

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #100 on: 25 July 2017, 06:06:22 »
Apparently, a facebook group called Battletech International has done up a book on the history of the unseens, showing their original art for the images, etc.

I've tried to find it, but because I don't want to join the group on my wife's account all I get is the 'Join the Group' public face.  Does anybody have this book, Unseens?  Is anybody already a member of the Group, or wants to join the Group, and can you tell me about the book?  Thanks!

It's the Beta release of "Unseen: A History of FASA, Battledroids and BattleTech."  It is not intended for general distribution at this time.  The author was looking for feedback.  It's by the same person that wrote the Chronicles of the 69th Virginia Expeditionary Force and TRO: 3028.   >:D

The ToC is below:

FASA Corporation and Intellectual Properties
FASA Related Companies and Acquisitions
Battledroids
Other Early U.S. Robot-based Games
Battledroids Box Set
Notable Rules in Battledroids
Original Battledroids Setting
BattleTech: Second Edition Box Set
Notable Rules in BattleTech: Second Edition
CityTech Box Set
AeroTech Box Set
Fasa BattleTech Novels
TCI Plastic Models
Ral Partha and Early Battledroids and BattleTech Metal Minatures
Legal Issues and the “Unseen”
Comparison of Original Japanese Art with BattleTech Art

Technical Readout:  Battledroids, Early BattleTech, and the “Unseen”

ARC-3R Archer
BTX-7K BattleAx
BTM-6R Battlemaster
BHN-7H Behemoth
SAM-R2 Behemoth II
ARC-4R Bombardier
CST-3S Cestus
XBW-9J Crossbow
CRD-3R Crusader
FLC-4N Falcon
FIR-7B Fire Bee
FLE-15 Flea
GLD-3R Gladiator
GRF-1N Griffin
GRF-2N Super Griffin
HRN-7T Hornet
HBK-4G Hunchback
LCS-2T Locust
LGB-8C Longbow
MCK-5S Mackie
MAD-3R Marauder
OSR-2C Ostroc
OTT-7J Ostscout
OTL-4D Ostsol
PXH-1K Phoenix Hawk
PXH-HK2 Phoenix Hawk LAM
RFL-3N Rifleman
SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
SPI-5R Spider
STK-3F Stalker
STG-3R Stinger
STG-A5 Stinger LAM
TND-4T Thunderbolt
VLC-6N Vulcan
WHM-6R Warhammer
WSP-1A Wasp
WSP-105 Wasp LAM
WSP-2A Super Wasp
WLV-4E Wolverine
HNT-3R Hunter Light Support Tank
VDE-3T Vedette Medium Tank
DVE-1A Demolisher Heavy Tank
STK-1B Striker Light Tank
PGS-2A Pegasus Scout Hovertank
Jeep/GunTruck
APC/IFV
Hoverscout/HWVC
HVT

Notes Regarding Battledroid/BattleTech Game Statistics
Appendix

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 26 July 2017, 00:08:48 »
...I would love to provide feedback, but I can wait, too.  I do have one question, though.  Will there  be any info on the latest Harmony Gold lawsuit, or is it too late to be included?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: 26 July 2017, 04:45:15 »
...I would love to provide feedback, but I can wait, too.  I do have one question, though.  Will there  be any info on the latest Harmony Gold lawsuit, or is it too late to be included?

I updated it with the latest Harmony Gold filing last night.  There is enough interest on this topic right now that I released the BETA into the wild.  You may download the current release here:  [REDACTED]
« Last Edit: 17 August 2017, 05:07:22 by Sigil »

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 26 July 2017, 19:00:49 »
 [drool]

Must - Download - Fan - Project...

This is yours, Sigil?  I hope this isn't a bother, what kind of feedback are you looking for?

Sigil

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: 26 July 2017, 19:07:03 »
[drool]

Must - Download - Fan - Project...

This is yours, Sigil?  I hope this isn't a bother, what kind of feedback are you looking for?
Fact errors and major omissions are what I'm concerned with at this point.  The overall organization could certainly be improved and, of course, there are numerous typos but those are secondary considerations at this point.  Thanks for asking and thanks for taking the time to look at it!  Hopefully, you'll have a couple, "I never knew that!" moments!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #105 on: 26 July 2017, 23:19:45 »
Um.  I can do spelling and grammar.  Facts and omissions about this are way over my head - its why I was so excited.  Let me know if you want a list of typos and stuff.

...BTW, amazing detail.  Kids are too in the way to finish reading it, thought, that's gonna have to wait until the weekend.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #106 on: 28 July 2017, 21:10:00 »
Just finished it.

Dang.  Just - Dang.  Awesome.  I've never seen or even knew products like that existed in the early years.  (I bought mine in '85, but gave it to the local juvenile detention facility a couple years ago - I thought they needed it more, and I had to downsize.)

And this is the Beta?  This should be pinned somewhere so people can get an idea just how the game has evolved over the years, I found it really informative.

One note, though, perhaps it needs an introductory page explaining the TRO entries are from official products over the years, and group them into Battedroids, Battletech Mk II, then TROs 3025-on?

Seriously, magnificent work.  WELL DONE!   O0

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #107 on: 01 November 2017, 00:10:40 »
I see Fear Factor's FM: Clan Burrock is getting some more attention - I just thought I'd come give this thread a nudge.  In other news, I finished the XTRO: The Periphery 3145 project I quit working on before; ond day, it just caught my interest again.  I'm trying to get MechRat to host it on the OurBattletech download page now, so I'll add it to the Dropbox this week.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #108 on: 19 January 2018, 10:00:03 »
I haven't found a new product in a while, but I know of a couple that may be finished soon.

So, nudge.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #109 on: 29 January 2018, 18:10:28 »
I just found a hell of a cartographic resource, looks like a german website;

http://www.gruese.de/innersphere/

Absolutely beautiful; zooms out to Sphere sized, clan worlds, ISP3 worlds - including the lost and abandoned worlds, Jump radius and trade routes - wish I had this when I was planning campaigns.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #110 on: 01 April 2018, 22:22:43 »
So, it might be April Fool's day, but a new new TRO is available derived from the popular Davion & Davion (Deceased) fiction written by Drakensis here on the forum.  TRO DDD is good quality, B&W, with new and recycled art.  Written in the fiction universe just after the recapture of Terra from Amaris but before the 1rst SW, it is mostly canon with some alterations.  Frankly, this one is very well done, very enjoyable to read.  Thank you, Drak!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #111 on: 01 April 2018, 23:56:43 »
And where might it be found?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #112 on: 02 April 2018, 00:55:36 »
Bloody heck.  Here it is, I’ve also uploaded it to the Dropbox.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRUd2ut-MXrFhL_hy6zoO9pAqiNQQBUb/view

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 02 April 2018, 12:17:20 »
I just found a hell of a cartographic resource, looks like a german website;

http://www.gruese.de/innersphere/

Absolutely beautiful; zooms out to Sphere sized, clan worlds, ISP3 worlds - including the lost and abandoned worlds, Jump radius and trade routes - wish I had this when I was planning campaigns.
This is a great thing
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #114 on: 04 April 2018, 23:11:02 »
Is there a link to the folder on Dropbox?
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #115 on: 05 April 2018, 22:42:48 »
Things are just popping up all over!

I found a 3028-era TRO done by our own Xotl, with a series of tables to go with it.

TRO: 3028 Xotl and Xotl Tables - B&W, recycled art (the Crusader looks like a Macross image, but I can't be sure), with variants separate at the back of the book, RATs, and a set of size comparisons (nice art).

Next up is a heck of a monster - for layout and quality, it tops TRO:3063.  This one's an art book; the Unit Color Compendium.  A couple of caveats, though.  The canon images look like the MWOnline ones (that's a plus for me) and the layout is excellent.  It also has text running through the images - lifted straight from Sarna.net.  I'm not sure how offended they might be; if anybody has a contact with the guys running the web site, I'd appreciate you telling them and asking them to get in touch with me.

Unit Color Compendium - Full color, professional-grade, MWO art, with a section on the new MW game nation the Aurigan Coalition.  Excellent quality, but a possible plagiarism issue.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #116 on: 15 April 2018, 19:53:56 »
Can I get access to download from the drive? Also I Microsoft One Drive I can mirror for you.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #117 on: 15 April 2018, 22:17:30 »
PM sent.

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #118 on: 21 April 2018, 15:02:31 »
It also has text running through the images - lifted straight from Sarna.net.  I'm not sure how offended they might be; if anybody has a contact with the guys running the web site, I'd appreciate you telling them and asking them to get in touch with me.

From Sarna's Yellow Pillar:
The BattleTechWiki is free content that anyone may edit. All text is available under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) and may be distributed or linked accordingly. Recognize that articles can be changed by anyone and no individual controls any specific article (with the exception of material located non-canon, fan-specific areas); therefore, any writing you contribute can be mercilessly edited and redistributed at will by the community. Do not submit copyright infringements or works licensed in a way incompatible with the GFDL.

I believe, I...borrowed...this statement from Wikipedia itself when I wrote that page for Sarna back in 2006. We don't allow plagiarized material on Sarna, but have given everyone license to plagiarize from Sarna. It's always nice to see someone cite or link back to the Sarna material, but we have no ownership of what is on the BattleTech community's wiki.

Edit: just realized this pillar needs updating! It still recognizes fanon articles.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 08:13:37 by Revanche »

Rankstrail

• Recruit
« Reply #119 on: 29 April 2018, 13:58:53 »
Hi all, can I get access to the download folder, please ?