Author Topic: Solaris Campaign rules for standard play?  (Read 3569 times)

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
Solaris Campaign rules for standard play?
« on: 15 August 2023, 14:27:31 »
Has anyone tried this? It seems like it would be fairly easy to adapt the rules to represent a non-Solaris environment. Anyone have any experience with this before I try my hand at it?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: Solaris Campaign rules for standard play?
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2023, 19:48:40 »
Not as far as I'm aware; those rules were at the end of the run, so I doubt many people played with them at all.

Hammerhead

• Master Sergeant
  • "ZEUS - Premier Lyran Recon since 2787."
Re: Solaris Campaign rules for standard play?
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2023, 19:26:14 »
Apologies for the thread necromancy; but I thought I’d share my findings on this…

1- The Campaign rules from the Solaris sets are indeed very easy to adapt to a more traditional game, if you’re willing to do a little legwork; swap “Match Type” for “Scenario” and it all starts to kinda falls into place.

2- The system is super basic, but it’s pretty clean and adaptable for all that. My kids and I have played about 3 campaigns so far, and it’s been really fun and easy for my youngest (8yrs old) to grok.

3- The fact that the point values of units and card convert basically on a 1-1 basis for “Stones” (or Warchest points by another name) means that the math used for financing your unit is really fast / perfect for kids.

All in all, I’m pretty impressed with the simplicity of it. I highly recommend giving it a shot if anyone is interested. We’ve had some pretty epic throwdowns between the Republic of the Sphere (my eldest’s favourite faction), the Rasalhague Dominion (my youngest), and  Bannson’s Raiders (me).

Anyway, if anyone wants more specifics on the tweaks I used, just holler!  azn

Register