Author Topic: Value of Clan Salvage in 3050  (Read 1238 times)

ntin

• Sergeant
Value of Clan Salvage in 3050
« on: 28 July 2013, 23:47:46 »
Is there any rule of thumb on a price modifier for Clan tech during the invasion era?

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Value of Clan Salvage in 3050
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2013, 00:08:22 »
Hi,

Depends who you're selling to.

Thanks,

- Herb

ntin

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2013, 00:21:39 »
Thanks for the reply. Is there any general modifier? I am running an aToW game and my players are trying to unload some Clan salvage to recoup expenses but I am not sure what to price the salvage at.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2013, 00:39:20 »
Hi,

Oh, you can have tons of fun with this!

Consider: In 3050, Clan tech is new, mysterious, and highly sought after by all the big governments, the guys who have very scary and effective black ops and spy agencies. Mercs tended to get contracts back then that explicitly demanded all Clan salvage be turned over to the employer on pain of contract breach, blacklisting, and--in some cases--outright destruction via bounty hunters or House regulars.

This, of course, made Clan tech REAL profitable on the black market, where prices would instantly get insane because of the availability and legality modifiers for Clan tech would generally shoot up to E or F.

Naturally, I would favor "shoot first and try to barter later". Tell them The God of Nukes, Fire, and Death sent you.

Thanks,

- Herb

ntin

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2013, 01:51:15 »
Thanks Herb that just wrote a month's worth of sessions! Some Loki agents are going to be paying my players a visit next weekend.

Register