Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 266767 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #780 on: 26 June 2018, 09:01:54 »
Since I won't be going to GenCon and I don't know anyone who's going, will the new minis in the Wolf Empire 'Mech Pack be available after GenCon?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #781 on: 26 June 2018, 09:21:20 »
Since I won't be going to GenCon and I don't know anyone who's going, will the new minis in the Wolf Empire 'Mech Pack be available after GenCon?

Yes, some a few weeks after gencon and others a few months later depending on if something is a early release at Gencon.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #782 on: 26 June 2018, 12:26:22 »
Larger AC, medium laser on other arm, and torso missile launcher changes to two holes for streak srm2. Plus the jumping part and some adjustments to pose.
:drool:
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #783 on: 26 June 2018, 13:17:14 »
Really looking forward to the skinwalker. And the royal shadowhawk may be my first jumping mech.

I've had the Skinwalker on a TO&E awaiting a miniature for what seems like forever. This has seriously made my day.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #784 on: 26 June 2018, 18:29:11 »
What he said -
Plus we wanted to go with more pure Wolf Empire mechs that are unique to them.

I would have not cried for either a Pocket Assault Tundra Wolf or a Tundra Wolf 4

Will the skinwalker be available individually as well or will I have to buy multiple packs?
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #785 on: 26 June 2018, 19:01:41 »
I would have not cried for either a Pocket Assault Tundra Wolf or a Tundra Wolf 4

Will the skinwalker be available individually as well or will I have to buy multiple packs?

JP...this was answered earlier...

Yes, some a few weeks after gencon and others a few months later depending on if something is a early release at Gencon.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #786 on: 26 June 2018, 19:03:36 »
JP...this was answered earlier...

I interpreted that as the pack would be avaliable, but no affirmative or Decline about individually.

I am still waiting to buy individual Exhumers and Cadavers

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #787 on: 26 June 2018, 19:11:22 »
I interpreted that as the pack would be avaliable, but no affirmative or Decline about individually.

understood...but yeah, typically these kinds of lance packs end up being available individually. Like the FedSuns one from last year, and the Kurita one from the year before that.

I'll shoot you a PM on the others.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #788 on: 26 June 2018, 21:24:10 »
So, I got my Anzu mini and I am trying to prep it for Thursday's game- may not be painted unfortunately- but . . . I have a UAC/10 gun, a RAC/5 gun, the ERML/LPPC . . . but what do you do for the Snub PPC for the 70 to go with the RAC?  I am thinking of magnetizing to switch between models.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #789 on: 26 June 2018, 21:28:43 »
So, I got my Anzu mini and I am trying to prep it for Thursday's game- may not be painted unfortunately- but . . . I have a UAC/10 gun, a RAC/5 gun, the ERML/LPPC . . . but what do you do for the Snub PPC for the 70 to go with the RAC?  I am thinking of magnetizing to switch between models.

Right arm is the same for both variants.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #790 on: 26 June 2018, 21:31:35 »

As a pack is only sold at gencon. The mechs will be sold separately after the show. Undead Lance pack was different.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #791 on: 27 June 2018, 00:47:23 »

What are you going to do about the missile pod?  You've got to put either the ten tube or seven tube cover on it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #792 on: 27 June 2018, 02:37:28 »
I was already looking at taking a cut down MWDA missile pod for the LRMs.  Ok, for the Snub . . . I had misunderstood the Sarna entry when I was refreshing my memory- that helps to cut down on my magnet needs!
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #793 on: 27 June 2018, 10:15:12 »
So, I got my Anzu...

How do you like it?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #794 on: 27 June 2018, 11:07:46 »
I just got it Sunday, and soaked the bits to get stuff off.  Overall impression without it being assembled?  Pretty good . . . the posts look deep/thick enough to be easy to set, I was surprised the legs were post instead of balls.  Tonight I will be assembling all the pieces that will not be magnetized.
Colt Ward

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #795 on: 27 June 2018, 12:38:37 »
How do you like it?

I love the sculpt and detail on both of mine.  I think my only actual criticism is that the elbow sockets are identical even though the left and right arm weapons have different depth on the attachment point.  I had to clip the nub on the left arm pod to get it to fit flush like it looks like it's supposed to be able to.

Making a walking pose is going to be a little more challenging, but it doesn't seem impossible.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #796 on: 27 June 2018, 12:51:42 »
I love the sculpt and detail on both of mine.  I think my only actual criticism is that the elbow sockets are identical even though the left and right arm weapons have different depth on the attachment point.  I had to clip the nub on the left arm pod to get it to fit flush like it looks like it's supposed to be able to.

That's only true for the Ultra 10 left arm.  The RAC left arm fits fully.

I also noticed that the post holes on the tors for the arm attachments aren't nearly deep enough.

But once I got the minis assembled they look real good.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #797 on: 27 June 2018, 13:23:09 »
That's only true for the Ultra 10 left arm.  The RAC left arm fits fully.

I also noticed that the post holes on the tors for the arm attachments aren't nearly deep enough.

But once I got the minis assembled they look real good.

I ran into the same thing with the arms to torso, but it was a fairly small thing considering how nice the rest of the Anzu went together for me. Can't wait to get some paint on it this week, if the weather holds out and I can actually prime minis up.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #798 on: 27 June 2018, 13:56:04 »
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Been chomping at the bit for months to see how it turned out.

fandangamo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #799 on: 27 June 2018, 13:58:00 »
As a pack is only sold at gencon. The mechs will be sold separately after the show. Undead Lance pack was different.

Is the Tomahawk II changed at all from the standard mini? Is there any chance the cracks have been smoothed out on this model?

Thanks!
A.J. Harkness
CDT Agent #709
FLGS: Forbes Hobbies, Cambridge, ON

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #800 on: 27 June 2018, 16:35:24 »
Is the Tomahawk II changed at all from the standard mini? Is there any chance the cracks have been smoothed out on this model?

Thanks!

We have reprinted some parts that are currently waiting to be molded.

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #801 on: 27 June 2018, 18:11:18 »
I sculpted the Anzu so I’m very happy to hear it’s being received well. The shoulder receptacles in mine were a bit clogged too and I needed to drill them out a bit with a pin vise. They weren't sculpted that way so it looks like the mold may have torn a bit inside leaving a clog. I do try to prevent that by tapering the posts and post holes but if it goes too deep it runs that clogging risk.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dak

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #802 on: 27 June 2018, 22:48:47 »
Yeah, my arms have posts that are too long so I am drilling a bit . . . the legs are great, I think it looks like it would be easy to cut one at the knee to angle it for a walk but I am not going to try.  I can get a bit of a step out of the actual bend they have . . . I think the legs MIGHT be a bit to long since it comes out a bit chunkier than my old Orion and is just as tall, but the minis have never been exactly scaled (its bigger than my Dire Wolf! . . . then again, most things are- including the Wulfen!) so no big worries.  I think it will look great on the table, and I am taking it in metal tomorrow night to see about pounding anyone else who gets near the flag.
Colt Ward

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #803 on: 29 June 2018, 11:30:00 »
Now that we have an official response to the Nu-classics when should we expect an update from IWMs?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #804 on: 29 June 2018, 11:34:42 »
When you get one.

To clarify: no one in either side of the fence wants to drag their heels over this.  You'll get word on what's going to happen as soon as Speck can give it to you.  Clamoring for it a thread collective average of every other day will not get it here faster.

Have patience.
« Last Edit: 29 June 2018, 11:49:06 by Scotty »
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #805 on: 29 June 2018, 12:45:09 »
Put it another way... we have waited 20 years for this... what is a little more time???

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #806 on: 29 June 2018, 12:55:16 »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #807 on: 29 June 2018, 14:09:58 »
See, I always thought the arms from the MAD released at Cons last year was for a -3R arm rather than what it was released as - the -7D/9D had tri-vanes rather than blocks.  I know I am planning on getting that part sent to me for something else.
Colt Ward

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #808 on: 29 June 2018, 22:43:58 »
I think Speck will be sneaky on this one. Will he surprise us at GenCon with a handful of Wasp and Valkyrie minis??? That would be the best message for us ;)

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #809 on: 29 June 2018, 23:04:40 »
That's exactly how bad rumors start.  Can we not?
Catalyst Demo Agent #679