Author Topic: (Answered) LAM bomb bays in other modes  (Read 3065 times)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
(Answered) LAM bomb bays in other modes
« on: 09 July 2012, 19:03:00 »
this is something that came to me rereading the FotW entry for the Wasp LAM.

for a land air mech with a bomb bay, like the WSP-100and its five ton bay, what modes can the bay be used in? we know it can be used in fighter mode, but can the bay be used while in airmech mode? or even mech mode? or does it depend on the ordnance carried?

mainly i was wondering if a wasp LAM could load up with rocket pods or even an Arrow-IV missile and use that to augment their limited internal weaponry while skimming around in airmech.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2012, 19:13:12 by Welshman »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: LAM bomb bays in other modes
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2012, 11:23:16 »
Hello,

Full rules for Land Air Mechs will appear in Interstellar Operations. As such we won't be answering LAM rules in heavy detail until then. We will provide general answers, that will help players play these units in friendly play.

The answer to your question is that LAMs can mount external stores only if they have tonnage devoted to their internal bomb bays. These stores operate like a normal ASF in fighter mode and use the TacOps rules for VTOL External stores. In Mech mode, only TAG and Rocket Launcher external stores can be used, treated like Torso mounted weapons.

Thank you,
Joel BC
Catalyst

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2012, 17:51:24 »
so it would be reasonable to assume that in Airmech mode, you'd similarly be limited to TAG and Rocket Launcher's?

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2012, 19:12:57 »
so it would be reasonable to assume that in Airmech mode, you'd similarly be limited to TAG and Rocket Launcher's?

What do the Strat Ops VTOL External Stores rules say?
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.