Author Topic: Chaos Campaign - reparing vehicle motive damage  (Read 3736 times)

Greatclub

• Captain
Chaos Campaign - reparing vehicle motive damage
« on: 31 March 2019, 13:53:59 »
I'm looking at the table on page163 of Campaign operations, and I'm wondering how to repair the motive system on a vehicle.

In a recent game, a Bandit A took a 10 on the motive system damage table (Halve cruise MP.) It didn't take any internal damage, just armor hits.

Does fixing the motive damage count as the "Repair armor on vehicle" entry or the "repair internal structure on vehicle" entry?

While we're at it, what does it cost to increase the anti-mech skill of battle armor - the same as increasing gunnery? (P164, CampOps)

and yet another question -  scanning, in sword and dagger. Is it one unit/structure per turn scanning, or all in range of the scanner?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Chaos Campaign - reparing vehicle motive damage
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2019, 17:03:07 »
I don’t have the rules in front of me but I’m pretty sure repairing internal structure includes crits by default

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2019, 17:12:34 »
that's the issue - they aren't crits, they're caused by the motive damage table. I'm wondering what I need for motive damage repairs.

If they COUNT as crits, yeah, they're internal damage; but are they just part of the armor damage that caused them instead?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2019, 17:53:21 »
I counted it as internal repair in the few instances it happened.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2019, 19:49:51 »
fair 'nuff. Any opinion on my other questions?

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2019, 05:41:07 »
Fixing motive hits is incredibly easy in StratOps, so I'd say that it's probably taken care of the the usual between battle maintenance.

Register