Author Topic: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)  (Read 109309 times)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Reply #1410 on: 09 May 2024, 17:00:28 »
And finally...

The Tankus class. (I cheated here, as I had only four named models on this list; instead, I added a "fifth" in the form of Luciora's other Shockwave expy using a Highlander Mech mode.)

- Herb

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1411 on: 09 May 2024, 18:05:59 »
Hmm having a Ladyfaire-Z Bluestreak in my collection would be nice...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1412 on: 09 May 2024, 18:37:42 »
If anyone can do that project justice, it's you, good sir! :)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #1413 on: 10 May 2024, 03:42:18 »
Oh wow, those came out great.  The Swoopers are definitely a trip to see, and the differences in the two Streaker chassis really show the difference between the Classis and Reseen Griffins. Also, it's trippy to see how well both a Cyclops and a Highlander work for Shockwave. Lastly, they kind of make me wish there was a version of the Clint with two hands and a jettison-capble gun pod. Of course, I also wish there was some sort of ballistic weapon that could stand in as a 'Mech-scale revolver, too: the heavy rifle has the right ammo load, but seems awfully big.

They also give me a clearer idea of what Groundwave would really look like: in his original proto-Streaker form, he would have basically been a prototype or predecessor to the Scrambler A, though his alt mode would more closely resemble a VW Fastback or, if you ask my wife, an AMC Concord wagon. Paintwise, I'd originally pictured just standard olive drab, but a parade scheme might be better.

« Last Edit: 10 May 2024, 03:46:36 by Giovanni Blasini »
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1414 on: 10 May 2024, 08:26:59 »
Its too bad the current Hermes and Hermes II sculpts weren't more balanced scale-wise. And the Clint was a bit bigger. *sigh*

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1415 on: 10 May 2024, 18:13:39 »
A Thunderbolt-20 could almost work as a revolver, but it's too heavy to be a hand-held... ;D

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1416 on: 10 May 2024, 19:51:39 »
A Thunderbolt-20 could almost work as a revolver, but it's too heavy to be a hand-held... ;D

I'm thinking more of "jettison-capable weapons" like the Griffin, Wolverine, BattleMaster, etc., where the weapon is integrated into the chassis.

Your typical medium 'Mech, like a Wolverine or Griffin, could use a heavy rifle like a revolver carbine, with extra tons of ammo being "speedloaders".  The image absolutely cracks me up.

For smaller guns, you could do a medium rifle with a ton of ammo, for a "smaller caliber" revolver.  Oddly enough, a NARC with a ton of explosive ammo would make for a four-ton "six-shooter" that does 4 points of damage at medium laser/SRM range, but also takes 4 tons to do it.  Probably not worth it in either case, but it's possible.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1417 on: 11 May 2024, 02:15:24 »
Okay, one last doodle group: the AeroMechs (Aerialbots).

Although only one named AeroMech-A is in the TRO, it's basically the equivalent of the Seeker II; a slightly bigger version of the baseline AeroMech chassis types.

At this point, I *have* to stop myself and get to some paying work for a while, so in the meantime, take care, folks!

- Herb

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1418 on: 11 May 2024, 08:51:46 »
When I get time , I will piece the new art into the book I've already assembled.
Thank you for still working on the book I know you have other things you want to do but it's fun to have this project.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #1419 on: 11 May 2024, 12:22:16 »

All I'm thinking of now is a Clint Custom Variant made by a "Francis Callahan" equipped with one of those.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1420 on: 11 May 2024, 13:05:51 »
That would be tricky... Thunderbolt-20s are 15 tons... ;)

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #1421 on: 11 May 2024, 14:31:18 »
Talk about needing to feel lucky...
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1422 on: 11 May 2024, 15:47:47 »
Maybe make the ammo "hand held"? ;D

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1423 on: 12 May 2024, 19:36:38 »
The prototype Thunderbolt's weighed 1 ton. You could make 6 of them look like a 6-shot revolver or pistol. It's not as devastating as a Thunderbolt-20 but it'd only weigh 6 tons.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #1424 on: 12 May 2024, 19:47:30 »
Love the artwork! Thank you Herb!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1425 on: 12 May 2024, 21:06:49 »
Okay, one last doodle group: the AeroMechs (Aerialbots).

Although only one named AeroMech-A is in the TRO, it's basically the equivalent of the Seeker II; a slightly bigger version of the baseline AeroMech chassis types.

At this point, I *have* to stop myself and get to some paying work for a while, so in the meantime, take care, folks!

- Herb

Thank you so much for doing these, along with all the others you've done.  I love how the AeroMechs came out, but I'm surprised how much I like the AeroMech-A.  It's giving me...ideas.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #1426 on: 12 June 2024, 18:49:31 »
So, I failed to stop myself. Indeed, I think I've made things worse somehow.

In that I have been reviewing, correcting, and expanding on TRO: Syberia in dribs and drabs.

And it's all because I can't stop doodling.

Anyway, now there's five named Ghost models, and here they are, with vee modes included. I also have five Deconstructors.

Parting the curtain a bit: In every case where I have 5 or more named characters for a given model, I have now devised color guides for the named models AND their corresponding alt modes. For everything else, I'm just doing one set of Mech/alt mode images...and then ONLY if I don't already have a minis image, because I don't want to negate the work of those who shared their minis pics with me first.

A final "second edition" of this TRO will thus be fully illustrated, and a possible "color specs" supplement may be in the offing.

That, of course, will be give or take how much my paying work and general life events interferes with my efforts.

So, yeah. I'm still playing.

- Herb

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1427 on: 12 June 2024, 19:07:16 »
What steroids were those Urbies on!? ;D

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1428 on: 12 June 2024, 19:15:50 »
I'm trying not to look.  I'd need an Imp (Urbielord) at the very least to make sure I have attachment points and a properly scaled body to pull that off. 😅

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1429 on: 12 June 2024, 19:18:44 »
No kidding!  And if anyone could do it, you're the one! :D

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1430 on: 12 June 2024, 19:28:13 »
What steroids were those Urbies on!? ;D

The power of Friendship.

Which reminds me...I'm trying to figure out how I can create an AutoMech based on a single Urbie, rather than five Urbies in a trenchcoat.  With the Urbie LAM minis out now, any existing AutoMechs that'd make good candidates?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1431 on: 12 June 2024, 19:35:10 »
I'd imagine it would have to be a Seibertronian form for that.  Cosmos would be a good start

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1432 on: 12 June 2024, 19:50:16 »
Now I want to see five Urbies in a trenchcoat! :D

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1434 on: 13 June 2024, 03:15:11 »
Hilarious! :D