Author Topic: Good Bye Big Bang Theory (spoilers?)  (Read 722 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Good Bye Big Bang Theory (spoilers?)
« on: 17 May 2019, 12:43:41 »
A really fun show that had some great guest stars, IMO did a lot for STEM, and probably the show that most promoted sci-fi products without being sci-fi.  The final show IMO lived up to what it established through the whole 12 years, and it was also great in the final season to see most of the surviving recurring characters return for a final cameo.  The whole scene on the plane where they were grouping up to talk was great, and a LOT of call backs to bits through the years with the baby, elevator, thermostat/hoodies, apartment decor, and other long running jokes.

I also watched their later special, and it was neat to hear how Stephen Hawking reacted to the impersonation and the punchlines he was involved in.

I also think the Young Sheldon episode had a great tie in where we got to see each of the seven as their younger selves.

It was a great 'quirky' show that will absolutely live on in re-runs.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

DOC_Agren

• Major
Re: Good Bye Big Bang Theory (spoilers?)
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2019, 14:05:28 »
farewell Big Bang they went out still funny
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Good Bye Big Bang Theory (spoilers?)
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2019, 15:08:44 »
I'm one of those who never seemed to get into this show..  Nor understand how it was so well loved.
BUT THAT IT lasted 12 straight years, is a major testament to how well it was received and liked.

Good job to all involved.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Register