Author Topic: House Arano campaign paint schemes  (Read 1867 times)

Charles_Retro_Z

• Recruit
House Arano campaign paint schemes
« on: 08 April 2020, 16:35:53 »
Hi there

First post here :)

I'm planning on building the complete historical forces from the House Arano source book mini campaign, sounds like a good way to introduce people to the game.

However, i can't find the paint schemes of the specific factions of the campaign. I've not played the video game, and i've dug into the HBS artbook but unfortunately did not find what i was looking for, except for the "goblin" mechwarrior.

Can anyone help me finding some kind of galleryfor the Rampart Company, Forever vigilant and Hookworm's Highwaymen mechs ?

Cheers!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: House Arano campaign paint schemes
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2020, 16:38:02 »
Those most likely don't have any canon schemes (yet). Too new, plus aren't they meant to be something for the players?

Charles_Retro_Z

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2020, 11:57:46 »
Since the mechwarriors involved are from the video game i thought they had a suit of colours for their mechs.

For example Goblin is displayed in the artbook on several mechs.

Not having played the game yet  i was hoping i could prepare the miniatures based on what the video game displayed, but maybe as you say it's part of what is customizable in the game

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2020, 12:07:16 »
Per the Arano handbook, Rampart Company deliberately does not have a unifying color scheme or logo, to help disguise itself as a disorganized periphery ad-hoc force. 

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2020, 12:16:41 »
Hookworm's Highwaymen are pirates and would probably be in mismatched camo at best, while Forever Vigilant would maybe be in Espinosa colors, being a loyalist terrorist group, if they had a parade scheme, which would be green and black with silver trim.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2020, 14:38:06 »
Since the mechwarriors involved are from the video game i thought they had a suit of colours for their mechs.

For example Goblin is displayed in the artbook on several mechs.

Not having played the game yet  i was hoping i could prepare the miniatures based on what the video game displayed, but maybe as you say it's part of what is customizable in the game

Rampart Company had merc support and you can find their descriptions in the fiction but part of the reason they do not have a unified scheme is misdirection as mentioned.

As far as Espinosa forces . . .

Well here is Victoria in uniform-

And here is their crest-

So black and green with silver highlights would seem to work, though I cannot find screen captures where you face Directorate/Espinosa forces.  I will see if I can get a screen capture so you have an idea but I do not know how long that might take b/c schedule.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Charles_Retro_Z

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2020, 16:35:00 »
I will see if I can get a screen capture so you have an idea but I do not know how long that might take b/c schedule.

Thanks!

And thank you all for feedbacks and ideas, it will definitely help.

Concerning Forever Vigilant, the Espinosa root is interesting, i may try to mix the Espinosa Cavaliers scheme with colors from the crest to make them apart and keep some link

Cheers
« Last Edit: 09 April 2020, 16:48:32 by Charles_Retro_Z »

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2020, 22:57:03 »
Update, Rampart Company does have a logo.  It's the castle/moon looking logo in the scenarios section.  Going through the handbook closer shows the majority of the unit logos that were involved.