Author Topic: Played my first MegaMek game  (Read 508 times)

lydiarivera

• Recruit
Played my first MegaMek game
« on: 04 February 2024, 02:37:57 »
Some terrible mistakes when figuring where to jump for cover cost me an Assassin early in the battle, but Princess deployed a Rifleman right between my Stalker & Grasshopper so those losses came out at about the same time.

I take it there's a way to set up a custom company so I don't have to spend so long digging around for models like?

Sleet01

• Recruit
Re: Played my first MegaMek game
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2024, 04:11:39 »
In MegaMek itself, you can save an MUL file of your force before, during, or after a game, and then load it into later games as your "company".  You won't get any persistence of experience, and some stuff (like managing pilots HP) is not yet supported in MM.

If you use MekHQ, you can do all your company management there and spawn all or part of it into MM battles.  I'm not as familiar with that part, though
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

puzzlingrepresent

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2024, 04:33:32 »
you can save the MUL file to your force first in MegaMek

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2024, 08:51:42 »
welcome to mekhq...where princess does the spanking not other way around
so hate to tell you the game is good with updates every few months bad news? it has a steep learning curve...but once you get your legs you will enjoy it more and more...so take the lumps learn and enjoy
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Register