Author Topic: Technicians and Repairs  (Read 302 times)

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Technicians and Repairs
« on: 16 March 2024, 09:27:12 »
I´m having an issue with both 0.49.7 and 0.49.18.

As you know, ever since at least 0.48.0, technicians in the repair bay are sorted by time available within each skill level, so when combined with the "after repair reset to technician at top of list" option, as long as you just keep selecting tasks and clicking "Do Task", the task will automatically be done by whichever technician has the most time left. I love that, I think it´s awesome and extremely convenient.

However, in both 0.49.7 and 0.49.18 (those are the only two versions I´ve played around with post-0.48.0), there are always a few technicians that are not properly sorted when they use some of their repair time. Most are, but these few just stay in their spot, no matter how much time they have left (assuming they have *any* minutes left) and how much more time other technicians have. Having a different technician do a task so that the list is sorted again does not sort that affected technician to their proper spot.

I haven´t noticed any kind of pattern or logic to which technicians glitch out like that, except that, in any campaign I start in either game version, it always happens to whichever Regular rated technician is at the top of the list if all technicians have their full 480 minutes. It also doesn´t seen to happen to Green rated technicians.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea what might cause this or how to prevent/circumvent it? FWIW, I have not enabled "Put assigned technician at top of list", and this glitch happens just as often to technicians not assigned to any unit at all.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

epic 2.0

• Corporal
Re: Technicians and Repairs
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2024, 12:30:42 »
I have encountered it, yes.  It's sporadic too, so I haven't posted a bug report yet about it.  For my part, it seems to ONLY happen to some Elite technicians, with no real rhyme or reason I've been able to identify yet.  I don't think I have yet seen it happen with a Green tech, or even a Regular. 

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2024, 04:55:40 »
I just noticed something else: That same Regular technician who is always at the top of the list in the Repair Bay is also at the top of the list of technicians available for refits, even if I have Elite or Veteran techs available.
-Frederick the Great

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2024, 02:48:39 »
one thing to keep an eye on, is that one of the settings is the Tech assigned to that unit is always on the top of the list (regardless of skill level).

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2024, 10:03:18 »
one thing to keep an eye on, is that one of the settings is the Tech assigned to that unit is always on the top of the list (regardless of skill level).

I´m not using that setting. Plus, this happens just as much to technicians not assigned to any unit.
-Frederick the Great

epic 2.0

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2024, 12:17:42 »
I´m not using that setting. Plus, this happens just as much to technicians not assigned to any unit.

I have also both used and not used that setting and had the same sporadic issue.  It's annoying, but I just can't make a good bug report for it yet either.

Register