Off Topic and Technical Support > Off Topic

Anyone else remember Hypernauts?

(1/6) > >>

Daemion:
It's a show that aired on Fox back in the 90s, for me, anyway.  Only got to see the first episode or two, and then lost track of it.  At the time, being a fan of Exo Squad and having freshly discovered BattleTech, the fact that it had Mechs in it as part of the core plot device had me interested. 

I also forgot the name of the show until Secret Galaxy brought up that it was one of the few CG shows put together by the same folks that had a hand in Babylon 5 in their video on Voltron: Beyond the 3rd Dimension.

I was able to find the series on YouTube. 

Sapphirus:
Oh my god!  I remember Hypernauts!  Only the ABC version unfortunately which is pretty much the same as the one on FOX... is it?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire:
It was actually a proof-of-concept for the special effects and CGI being made for Babylon 5.  ABC purchased the broadcast rights to it, but only aired 8 of the total of 13 episodes filmed.  I never heard anything about FOX getting it, my local FOX station never broadcast it that I'm aware of.

idea weenie:
I only saw the first three episodes (ending where the Hypernauts had actual weapons on their mecha and fight against a few of the Triad drones)

For those that want to remember the opening, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8z1pwt-_f8

beachhead1985:
Ho-lee-cow...

YES I REMEMBER THIS SHOW!

...I did not remember the title, but the show? Yes. I remember thinking it was pretty okay for the time. I only caught it a few times, but I *think* that was actually on YTV, up in Canada? Could have been ABC as well, but I think it was YTV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version