Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 238110 times)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
I thought we were doing the Pizza thing?

Who says we aren't?  Irish Bacon is a perfectly acceptable pizza topping, especially when you're using beer mustard as the sauce, and a mix of Dubliner and Mozzarella as your cheeses.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Well then, I'll get the Scientist Caste on the Delivery Person genetype right away.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Quality Control:  Please ensure you do not exceed the recommended dosage of 'creepiness' genes.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Well then, I'll get the Scientist Caste on the Delivery Person genetype right away.

We may need to acquire some Hellion genes for the Delivery People.  But preferably not the crazy person ones.  We want them fast, not nuts.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel

Is that what the cargo space on the Kirghiz C is for?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Is that what the cargo space on the Kirghiz C is for?

Once we trial that foolish Papa John for his secret "Pizza Transit Warmth" technology, it will be!   ;D

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Mozzarella and Munster works good to.  However, I am totally venturing a guess that Munster cheese is named for Munster, the province of Ireland, and not some other Munster :)  (I've always erred on that side that indeed it is). 

Personally, Peperoni and Bacon is a simple and hard combo to beat.   

And the secret of the Papa John's Heat Transit is that the bags are lined with the same stuff they make those foil-looking emergency blankets.  And them telling us it was alien technology...   Charlatans! 

So, we're all braced for anything, really - or, we should be - according to the measure that I take from responses.  About what I was thinking.  All I know is it's awesome not knowing BT's future :) 

« Last Edit: 13 August 2013, 19:18:13 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Mozzarella and Munster works good to.  However, I am totally venturing a guess that Munster cheese is named for Munster, the province of Ireland, and not some other Munster :)  (I've always erred on that side that indeed it is). 

Personally, Peperoni and Bacon is a simple and hard combo to beat.   

And the secret of the Papa John's Heat Transit is that the bags is they are lined from the same stuff they make those foil-looking emergency blankets.  And them telling us it was alien technology...   Charlatans! 

So, we're all braced for anything, really - or, we should be - according to the measure that I take from responses.  About what I was thinking.  All I know is it's awesome not knowing BT's future :)

Actually, Munster is a French* Cheese.  But no reason we can't use it.

Pepperoni, Bacon, and other various pig products make for good "standard" pizza toppings.  I do so enjoy nonstandard pizzas though (and luckily, a local pizza place supplies EXCELLENT ones.  We swap ideas from time to time).

And we're braced for ANYTHING.  Because the Shark Foxes are up to something, and whatever it is, whether it's the conquest of Terra or the Conquest of Pizza Franchises, it's gonna be awesome!

*Okay, so it's Alsacian.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Actually, Munster is a French* Cheese.  But no reason we can't use it.

Pepperoni, Bacon, and other various pig products make for good "standard" pizza toppings.  I do so enjoy nonstandard pizzas though (and luckily, a local pizza place supplies EXCELLENT ones.  We swap ideas from time to time).

And we're braced for ANYTHING.  Because the Shark Foxes are up to something, and whatever it is, whether it's the conquest of Terra or the Conquest of Pizza Franchises, it's gonna be awesome!

*Okay, so it's Alsacian.

I had a suspicion it was a different kind of Munster  ^-^

What if in a case of art imitates life, the ilClan discovers the joys of Pizza and other IS decadence, grows fat and complacent and then is easily ousted by the very people busily profiting from their slow demise?  So the ilClan plot and the pizza franchise plot all fit like clockwork.  Insidiously simple. 

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
I think it would go more like feudal Japan.  There's a figurehead emperor ilClan who's "in charge", but everybody knows he isn't they aren't really running things, it's the Shogun Shark Foxes who's really in charge, but the illusion is maintained for form's sake.  Since it isn't the Shogun Foxes who's descended from deities conquered Holy Terra and all that.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I had a suspicion it was a different kind of Munster  ^-^

What if in a case of art imitates life, the ilClan discovers the joys of Pizza and other IS decadence, grows fat and complacent and then is easily ousted by the very people busily profiting from their slow demise?  So the ilClan plot and the pizza franchise plot all fit like clockwork.  Insidiously simple.

http://www.cooksinfo.com/muenster-cheese  It seems as there is some debate to the origin of the cheese, as apparently a bunch of Irish Monks went to a monastery in the region the cheese "debuted".

And you've pretty much just explained Chandrasekhar Kurita's method of anti-Clan warfare right there.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
I think it would go more like feudal Japan.  There's a figurehead emperor ilClan who's "in charge", but everybody knows he isn't they aren't really running things, it's the Shogun Shark Foxes who's really in charge, but the illusion is maintained for form's sake.  Since it isn't the Shogun Foxes who's descended from deities conquered Holy Terra and all that.

Authorial epicness will be displayed at its finest if it evokes all that. 

http://www.cooksinfo.com/muenster-cheese  It seems as there is some debate to the origin of the cheese, as apparently a bunch of Irish Monks went to a monastery in the region the cheese "debuted".

And you've pretty much just explained Chandrasekhar Kurita's method of anti-Clan warfare right there.

Ahhh ha!  So we're getting somewhere with the origins of Munster.   I think I'll have to check out Irish bacon soon, now that I keep thinking about it.

So, Uncle Chandy's will be the name of the true enemy of the children of Kerensky.  We'll see if they can deal with Sharkfox Sushi Kitchen, or the Hell's Horses Barbeque Shack, but its not bad.  He could also start a franchise of themed pubs with that name.   ;D
« Last Edit: 13 August 2013, 20:11:18 by rebs »

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Is Irish Bacon like regular bacon, but with Guinness?
Sunrise is Coming.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Is Irish Bacon like regular bacon, but with Guinness?

No, although I'm tempted to add that to my brine just for the sake of science.

In other parts of the world, American Bacon, which comes from the pig's belly, is called streaky bacon.  Another European variant of it would be pancetta, which uses wine in the curing process.

However, in England, Ireland, and Canada, you also get a food called "bacon" by curing some of the back muscles of the pig (typically, I use pork loin when doing this).  To distinguish them from streaky bacon, these back bacons tend to be referred to by their country of origin while in the states.  The cure for Irish Bacon typically includes molasses, and may or may not actually involve smoking the meat (I don't mostly due to a combination of time and not having a good place to smoke it).

It is actually far more authentically Irish than corned beef is (which is actually Jewish American).  Historically, cows were for the wealthy in Europe, thus, Irish Bacon being far more common as a peasant food.  When the Irish came to the US, they were looking for something similar to the bacon they had back home, and turned to their new Jewish American neighbors, who it turns out didn't do pork.  Thus, why "Corned Beef and Cabbage" kinda gets lumped in as the stereotypical Irish Meal.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
And the shark foxes foodie nature becomes apparent.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major

In real life, I am in fact a cook at a preschool.  I've occasionally done Irish Bacon, but I'm rarely far enough ahead in terms of the food I have on hand to do that (as it takes at least a week to brine).

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Hey, food's a great thing for merchants.  Everybody needs it, so your market is essentially "all of humanity", it never becomes obsolete, they need constant supplies, spheroid fatties get addicted and buy way more than they actually need....
Sunrise is Coming.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
I think you guys have latched onto the real reason to take Terra.
You need to claim the New York Tristate area to make proper pizza dough and bagels.  O0

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious

I'd think if they didn't have good food, being confined and cramped on those Arks would make people revolt.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
In reality the Sea Foxes/Diamond Sharks need to take Terra to dump Clusters of Undine Battle Armor into the oceans, like their stand on Vinton during the Wars of Reaving... now those freeborn pilots I would trial for to be part of my Galaxy!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
I think you guys have latched onto the real reason to take Terra.
You need to claim the New York Tristate area to make proper pizza dough and bagels.  O0

The best pizza I've had isn't in New York.  On the other hand, I lived on the East Coast for twenty years and still somehow didn't make it to New York City, so I REALLY need to make the pilgrimage.  Let's conquer it.  For PIZZA!  AND BAGELS!  AND DELIS!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
And Jersey Diners.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
And Jersey Diners.

For some awful reason my first thought was of someone making Snookie a bondsman. I need to read better sometimes.  :o
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
And Jersey Diners.

I miss being able to go to the Boardwalk in Point Pleasant and eat the deadly food there.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Who says we aren't?  Irish Bacon is a perfectly acceptable pizza topping, especially when you're using beer mustard as the sauce, and a mix of Dubliner and Mozzarella as your cheeses.

Finletter's Pizza?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'

Dubliner with Stout, perhaps? Mmm, mix that in with a nice six-month old Provolone picante, and you'd have something with a bite worthy of a SharkFox.  ;D
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

Istal_Devalis

• Major
For some awful reason my first thought was of someone making Snookie a bondsman. I need to read better sometimes.  :o
...Ugh. She isn't even FROM New Jersey! Most of the cast isn't!
I wish I could declare a Trial of Annihilation against the entire crew.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Dubliner with Stout, perhaps? Mmm, mix that in with a nice six-month old Provolone picante, and you'd have something with a bite worthy of a SharkFox.  ;D

The Sharkfox Cheesatorium:  Our pungent aroma can beat you in a Trial of Possession.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The Sharkfox Cheesatorium:  Our pungent aroma can beat you in a Trial of Possession.

Probably not unless resperators are involved. We arent good with unscrubbed air these days. Quarian gypsy suits here we come.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Probably not unless resperators are involved. We arent good with unscrubbed air these days. Quarian gypsy suits here we come.

Just as long as we don't have what happened in that one episode of Star Trek Voyager where Neelix's cheese somehow broke the ship.  We will produce our cheese planetside, thank ye very much!

Register