Author Topic: SUGGESTION: bold/italic/etc shortcuts  (Read 1068 times)

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
SUGGESTION: bold/italic/etc shortcuts
« on: 28 January 2015, 03:01:57 »
Okay, this is super nitpicky and just barely warrants a post, but curiosity is getting the better of me: is there a way to make ctrl-i, ctrl-b, ctrl-u, etc. work to italicize/bold/underline/etc. when we're typing up posts? I tend to compulsive about italicizing the names of units that need it, and I also like using italics for emphasis, so it'd be nice to throw those in without having to involve the mouse or go back over it later. There'd be less interruption in writing, and on a long post it might save me entire seconds! Plus, there's the fact that I keep pressing ctrl-i anyway, wasting even more time.

Like I said, it's super minor, but I'm curious if it can be done.

Thanks!

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: SUGGESTION: bold/italic/etc shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2015, 13:38:32 »
Hi Diplominator,

It's a possible custom modification, but not one we're going to attempt at this time. Perhaps in the future we'll re-approach.

Thanks!

Regards,

Josh
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2015, 18:14:18 »
Sure thing. Like I said, it's no big deal. Just thought I'd put the request out there.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2015, 18:46:52 »
Microsoft already control the computer game rights. Dare we use their font commands instead of public-domain HTML markup?  :o

I see it now - Microsoft MechWord V ...  "You seem to be trying to do an alpha strike. Do you want help with that?"

W  :D
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"