Author Topic: TECHNICAL: Department of Weirdness? What is going on?  (Read 1508 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
TECHNICAL: Department of Weirdness? What is going on?
« on: 19 April 2015, 19:55:43 »
Am...am I the only one seeing this? What...what is happening?  :o [blank]
« Last Edit: 20 April 2015, 15:05:21 by Knightmare »

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Department of Weirdness? What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2015, 19:57:05 »
Ummm, I run without avatars, graphics & sigs, in SMF Default mode. SO I see none of this.

It is possible Herb's Cats have noticed you.

(Seriously, no idea ... when have you last scanned your PC?)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2015, 20:06:43 »
It's been a while (running Norton as I type). But the cat's down't appear when I go to the site on my phone.
Also, if I go into a sub thread and open of of the posts, when I back out into the main menu, the cat is replaced with the regular Beemer.

(So far on my scan nothing. Weird, wasn't like this this morning.)

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2015, 05:19:51 »
You may very well have a local problem.  :-\
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2015, 06:07:11 »
Seems so I guess...

Finished the scan and nothing. Next time I turned my computer on and logged back into the site everything was normal. No more cats...

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2015, 15:05:10 »
::shrugs::

Nothing wrong on this end, so no idea.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2015, 16:07:49 »
Seems so I guess...

Finished the scan and nothing. Next time I turned my computer on and logged back into the site everything was normal. No more cats...

Have you tried other scanning options, such as malwarebytes? They often find things that might slip through other programs.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: TECHNICAL: Department of Weirdness? What is going on?
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2015, 16:48:17 »
Adding recommendations for Malwarebytes, also Spybot S&D.

OTOH, since I moved from a pretty good free A/V (Avast) to a paid product (ESET), I haven't found any issues using either of those.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"