Author Topic: Worth doing - "Mini of the fortnight"?  (Read 36126 times)

fandangamo

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Re: Worth doing - "Mini of the fortnight"?
« Reply #60 on: 06 October 2016, 23:46:13 »
I like that list! I've got something to contribute to all of the options on it!
A.J. Harkness
CDT Agent #709
FLGS: Forbes Hobbies, Cambridge, ON

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #61 on: 07 October 2016, 00:55:46 »
Okay, so Zeus it up over the weekend, folks!

(Except for Hellbie, whose Summoners will provide rearguard for this fortnight.)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 07 October 2016, 02:55:49 »
I'd second a Banshee request in a heartbeat.  I can contribute to the Zeus definately, and  do have at least 1 if not 2 of most of the others on the list.  I do have several Centurions as well.  I'm finding that even when i think i have all the minis of a given unit 1 always slips by me.  Forgot to add my Hunch IIC and the newer UAC sculpt, the quasimodo and the re-release of the Summoner to my previous pics.

vidar

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #63 on: 07 October 2016, 08:17:19 »
Dragon, dragon, dragon.
And some Panthers, please.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #64 on: 07 October 2016, 08:34:27 »
I've been enjoying the mini of the fortnight threads.  (And, really, any thread where people show what they have done/can do.)

I actually have a Zeus painted so I'll post that in the new thread, probably next week.

I'm all for replacing the Wolfhound with the Dragon in the schedule.  I believe it would be interesting, for the Inner Sphere 'Mechs, to do a cycle of one iconic 'Mech per house and one or three general 'Mechs mixed in but I don't know if we have enough "iconic" 'Mechs (or interest) to make that work.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #65 on: 13 October 2016, 21:22:39 »
Quick question - who'd approve of swapping Dragon in for Wolfhound? Who'd be upset?

There's more sculpts, and more variants, on the Dragon, and it's in the stock intro set. Looking for a show of voices.

I'm for it. I have Dragons, and pictures of dragons.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #66 on: 24 October 2016, 03:40:54 »
Mad your cats and wolf your timber folks - MotF #4 now open for business!
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #67 on: 24 October 2016, 06:49:12 »
This reminds me that I have four Mad Cats painted and another two primed and none of them are a Prime. I'll see what pictures I can get posted at the end of the week when I get back from the ACI convention.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #68 on: 24 October 2016, 09:43:25 »
LOL none of my Timberwolves are painted. I went through a purge of old paint jobs so I could make two faction pure sides: Ghost Bear and Wolf. However, I have two MWDA Timberwolves I've painted up rather pretty like IMHO. I'll show off the B-tech Timbies as well
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #69 on: 28 November 2016, 22:43:40 »
Mad Dog / Vulture is next,  right?

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 28 November 2016, 23:37:14 »
Yup.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #71 on: 29 November 2016, 17:58:18 »
Is Worktroll out for the holidays? Or did something happen to him? I don't have quite the selection to chose from to start a new one, so anyone else want to volunteer?

I'll give it until friday, and then you get to see my meagre offerings.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #72 on: 29 November 2016, 18:16:47 »
Just work getting on top of me. Will kick off mini of the thrice-week on Aust. Monday, yes, Mad Dog.

And yes, if someone would like to take over as Dark Overlord of Mini of the Fortnight, I'd be most appreciative.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #73 on: 30 November 2016, 10:44:08 »
I'm willing to take over, although I would understand if you (or the community) would prefer a more veteran member of the community to handle it.

By the way, was a decision reached on the 'Mech to do after the Mad Dog (Vulture)?  You had asked about doing the Dragon instead of the Wolfhound.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 02 December 2016, 16:02:17 »
I believe it was decided the Dragon was after the Vulture/Mad Dog.

Feel free to take over.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #75 on: 05 December 2016, 09:32:21 »
Thanks, Daemion.  I'll wait and see what worktroll says.

As I understand it, next up are the Dragon and Warhawk (Masakari).  Any ideas on what to do after those?  I'd like to request the Awesome for the list (after the Wolfhound?).

Does anyone have requests for the next Clan 'Mechs after the Warhawk?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #76 on: 05 December 2016, 14:45:49 »
Xiwo, you have the ball, run with it O0

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #77 on: 05 December 2016, 16:49:21 »
Will do.  And thank you for giving me a chance.

I'll post the Mad Dog thread after I get home from work.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #78 on: 11 December 2016, 22:01:32 »
Here's a tentative schedule:
  • Inner Sphere: Dragon (12/19)
  • Clan: Warhawk (Masakari) (1/2)
  • Inner Sphere: Wolfhound (requested) (1/16)
  • Clan: Stormcrow (Ryoken) (1/30)
I'm contemplating the Awesome and Adder (Puma) for February.

I'm open to requests or recommendations if you would like to see (or show off) something different.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #79 on: 11 December 2016, 22:03:33 »
The only loose, non-binding thing I'd say is keep it to sculpts people have. Those mentioned all fit.

Maybe once and a while throw a curve ball, but the more who can join in, the better.

W.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #80 on: 11 December 2016, 23:00:08 »
I agree.

Left to my own devices, for the Inner Sphere slots, I would go through the intro box and lance pack minis (except maybe the Shogun) since they have all been easily available and relatively common.  By the time that's done, we'd be a bit into 2018 and we would hopefully have most or all of the new Classic minis out (either plastic or metal).  Other 'Mechs (e.g. the Highlander or Nightsky) could be added to spice things up.

Similarly, for the Clan spots, I would finish the TRO 3050 'Mechs.  They should be relatively common (although some will be less common than others).  I'm not entirely sure where to go from there though.  Maybe into an assortment of 'Mechs from TRO 3055, 3058, and 3060?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 11 December 2016, 23:14:21 »
Well, other folks, going to make any recommendations?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #82 on: 12 December 2016, 00:05:50 »
I think we've waited long enough. Let's get the Marauder in there. All Marauders, all the time. I'll even return to list the fifty million versions sculpted.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #83 on: 12 December 2016, 12:23:55 »
Sure, I'm game for the Marauder.  Even without the Classics, there should be plenty of people with Marauder figures, between the unseen and the reseen.  We can always revisit it when the Classics are out.

How about making it the Marauder series, so the Marauder, Marauder II, and Marauder IIC?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #84 on: 12 December 2016, 12:53:09 »
I'm game.

Sure, I'm game for the Marauder.  Even without the Classics, there should be plenty of people with Marauder figures, between the unseen and the reseen.  We can always revisit it when the Classics are out.

How about making it the Marauder series, so the Marauder, Marauder II, and Marauder IIC?

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 12 December 2016, 15:03:09 »
Sounds good. You could also look to the video games for inspiration. For instance, MechCommander and Mech Commander Gold and Mech Commander II. ;)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #86 on: 12 December 2016, 15:18:12 »
Sounds good. You could also look to the video games for inspiration. For instance, MechCommander and Mech Commander Gold and Mech Commander II. ;)

...which had no Marauders.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 12 December 2016, 15:49:54 »
If you wanted to theme it by game, I'd nominate Mechwarrior by Activision, but we don't have the new sculpts for the majority of those.  So for now, a mix of 3025/39 and 3050, barring the classics would be a good starting point for mechs to nominate I think.

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #88 on: 02 January 2017, 00:13:16 »
Schedule for January and February:
  • Clan: Warhawk (Masakari) (1/2, posted)
  • Inner Sphere: Wolfhound (requested) (1/16)
  • Clan: Stormcrow (Ryoken) (1/30)
  • Inner Sphere: Marauder family (requested) (2/13)
  • Clan: Adder (Puma) (2/27) (tentative)
I'm game for switching out the Adder (Puma) for another light or medium Clan 'Mech in TRO 3050.

The very tentative 'Mechs for March are the Awesome and the Executioner (Gladiator).

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #89 on: 02 January 2017, 15:42:00 »
I'll try to get my MAD painted up by mid-February. I've got something special planned.