Author Topic: "Burning Bridges" - Desert Games, Gilbert, AZ - Feb 18  (Read 353 times)

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
"Burning Bridges" - Desert Games, Gilbert, AZ - Feb 18
« on: 02 February 2024, 11:00:46 »
[Control Tower] Say again, Tartan Master?
[Tartan Master] I saih, luv, th’ Northwin’ Highlanders ha’ fi nallah come to th’ fi ght. Weir bluidy readah t’ take it t’ those Blakist bastairds.
[Control Tower] Unbelieveable! We thought you guys were shit-for-toast! Welcome to Galatea!
[Tartan Master] It’s right bluidy glad we are t’ be here, laddie. Are y’ ready f’r us?

SITUATION
Galaport, Galatea, Lyran Alliance
5 October 3072
Ships bearing Northwind Highlanders colors and codes appeared at Galatea’s zenith point, shocking everyone. Claiming to have escaped Northwind and the clutches of the Blakists, they burned in to Galatea, intent on grounding and resupplying before taking up arms against the Word. The DropShips were allowed to enter Galatean airspace, because they were, after all, the famed Northwind Highlanders. And their arrival was backed up with reports coming from other systems regarding the Blakists’ urgent messages describing their escape.
The ruse was brilliant. And a nightmare.
Behind the façade of the famed mercenary regiment was the Word of Blake. Using authentic Highlander codes and IFF, the Word caught the mercenary world with its pants at its collective ankles.
A wolf in a sheep’s tartan.
The Word had come. And Galatea was to be the next Outreach.

Scenario: Word of Blake’s 47th Shadow Division, along with the mercenary units Bullard’s Armored Cavalry, Gray’s Ghosts and Martian Cuirassiers, have pretended to be the Northwind Highlanders on their approach to the mercenary hiring world Galatea. Now they’re hot-dropping right on the defenders’ heads.

Desert Games is the former Games U, and is located at 1550 N Stonehenge Dr, Gilbert, AZ.
Game start is 12:30pm. First round initiative will be rolled at 1pm.

Miniatures & record sheets for pre-made forces will be available, but players may also bring their own forces created in accordance with the scenario: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PTDaRn_3djkHlQKWF8BX4ROldrrqZNyJfyNUNuSn3ZA/edit?usp=sharing

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: "Burning Bridges" - Desert Games, Gilbert, AZ - Feb 18
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2024, 12:14:02 »
Oh, THIS SCENARIO again!

Lets hope it doesn't start out like the last "two" times we played it, hehehe.  :evil:

"Was that mech supposed to face plant into the mech under it killing them both?"

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2024, 12:21:33 »
Yeah, revisiting some of my favorite historical scenarios for a bit. This one isn't asymmetric the way the original one I ran was, and the hot drop rules are more forgiving.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2024, 12:51:39 »
I loved that game, both of them, lol.   :wink:

Sadly, I checked calendar & that is the weekend I'm painting the kitchen so I probably will not make it unless everything is done early  :cry:
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2024, 11:43:42 »
Enough players for three tables! The Word of Blake forces won, two games to one. It was very close, though -- WoB got crushed on one table and barely pulled out wins on the other two.