Author Topic: BattleForce California Mid-Valley Turlock area  (Read 313 times)

Zematus737

• Sergeant
BattleForce California Mid-Valley Turlock area
« on: 26 April 2024, 16:16:51 »
Throwing this out to see if there are any Battletech players near my area interested in learning the different scales to play, eventually, a Succession Wars campaign.  That would be the end goal.  To start we will be gaining our sea legs with Planetary Assault Map invasions and using the Battleforce map layered in 2 sheets, 4 sheets and, finally what will represent a comparable SBF scale map, 6 sheets.

What is needed:
A general understanding of Battleforce and Battletech or AlphaStrike.
The only game manual recommended to have for review and referencing: IO:Battleforce
If you don't have the Battletech Battleforce Counters Pack you can buy a 20pack of bottled beer and save the caps.  The caps can be used as Commands and Units.
Review my post link below and download the Player Aids if you feel they are helpful.  Print out the tables and sheets at the back of the IO:BF book as well.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84501.0
If you desire to form your own armies and fill out your own sheets, find several helpful eras at the following Google drive: www.tinyurl.com/zematusbf

I look forward to hearing from any of you and will open a Discord if this gains enough traction to become regular.

Zematus737

• Sergeant
Re: BattleForce California Mid-Valley Turlock area
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2024, 16:31:35 »
A black and white laser printer can handle the manual printouts better when done 20 pages (double-sided) at a time.  Keep the tray as full as you can to stress the rollers less and minimize misfeeds.  First print the odd pages out and then reinsert the 20 pages and print out the even pages in reverse order for the other side.  If you begin with an odd amount of pages for the first or last batch, reverse the order of printing or remove last page printed out.  You will eventually get through the whole manual with minimal catastrophic printing issues.  Use a medium sized binder clip to hold the pages together.  Taping the first and last corner where the binder clip goes will prolong the life of the printout. This is the most cost effective way, I have found, to print out several full sized manuals.

Register