Author Topic: New CamoSpecs Online Site  (Read 93626 times)

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
Re: New CamoSpecs Online Site
« Reply #180 on: 09 February 2024, 19:04:45 »
Really like the Cheetahs scheme getting solidified as well, that Timber Wolf is gorgeous!

BaldDen

• Sergeant
« Reply #181 on: 12 February 2024, 14:15:49 »
How long will CSO keep posting one photo per mini?
CSO artists do important work, but they only post one photo.
We all want to see the miniature from all views/angles.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #182 on: 12 February 2024, 23:22:10 »
I can't speak to the other artists' processes, though I typically aim to have 3-4 angles of any given mini. Sometimes an angle ends up not offering anything of value, or it doesn't work well for a variety of reasons, and I end up with less. It's not ideal, but reality rarely is.

You may also be noticing new artists; frequently the pieces used in the submission process are the first minis posted, and often artists are very selective about what they send in for review, resulting in a single image of each mini being posted. Such is the case with Tsuge's very sharp looking Awesome. It's worth checking out, and he'll probably get the nudge to include more angles of future pieces.   :smiley:

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #183 on: 13 February 2024, 11:28:26 »
Clan Snow Raven Kappa Galaxy and the Draconis Combine's Dragon's Fury can both be removed from the Unrepresented Units list.
We're reviewing the list.  Thanks!

CDT Special Agent #343

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #184 on: 02 April 2024, 03:21:22 »
Just noticed that Clan Nova Cat's Delta Galaxy is entirely missing from the site.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #185 on: 02 April 2024, 12:52:11 »
Just noticed that Clan Nova Cat's Delta Galaxy is entirely missing from the site.
Neither Gamma nor Delta Galaxies are listed on the site, even though we have a canonical reference for Gamma in the Battle of Tukayyid book (p. 180). That said, the pilot card for Patrick Drummond (Stormcrow) has him listed as part of Delta Galaxy, but the camo scheme of the mech on his card is the same camo scheme as Beta Galaxy in the Tukayyid book and on the site (i.e. Beta and Delta Galaxies are using the same camo scheme). The only thing I can think is that someone took Fanjoys awesome Stormcrow from the site and accidentally attributed it to Delta Galaxy. It's also confusing because the Galaxy crest for Beta Galaxy is also the same as the unit insignia for Sigma Galaxy on CamoSpecs (Sarna has a useful note on this on the Beta Galaxy page).

As a dedicate Nova Cat trying to paint my touman, it's been a headache figuring out what proper schemes are, or if as per FM Comstar, it's just all camouflage all the way down (except for Alpha and Xi). Although you would think the Cats would have distinct schemes from one Galaxy to the other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: 02 April 2024, 12:59:33 by cmerwin »
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #186 on: 02 April 2024, 22:58:08 »
Clan Nova Cat and the camo rule is very much a sore point for CSO, but for the moment, it remains the rule.

CDT Special Agent #343

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #187 on: 03 April 2024, 08:12:15 »
The 'They all use camo' rule was always a sore point for me, too. It's hard to build up a brand identify when it's the same as everyone else. At least they do have Alpha and Xi galaxy, and Alpha was a bit of a fight. I was hoping they'd adopt the MWDA coloring scheme but no dice. It does show up on the cover of Heretic's Faith reprint but we know where art goes on the canon list.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #188 on: 03 April 2024, 23:47:15 »
Even just different colour trim per galaxy would be enough IMHO.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #189 on: 04 April 2024, 21:03:12 »
I just use different types of camo to represent the galaxy.
Desert camo, Urban camo, woodland camo, Tiger stripe, artic camo... etc.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)