Author Topic: (Heroscape) My Homemade Terrain  (Read 3963 times)

jasper_ward

• Corporal
  • The Wolf Pack Expands
(Heroscape) My Homemade Terrain
« on: 10 September 2012, 01:23:16 »
Thought I'd share some of my terrain as I've used this forum many time for inspiration, maybe someone could do to same from my ideas...

Turret - a couple housings pulled out of a xerox ink canister and a pair of Cat5 Heads + glue and paint

Overlord Dropship - Usual Easter large egg + 4 wire end caps + Bottle cap

Trees - Luau Trees from Summer cupcakes (yummy desert with awesome battletech Trees) + Dollar Tree Checkerpiece + Penny (melt the bottom of the tree and stick to checkerpiece with a penny glued on the bottom for weight

HPG - Top of Chrystal Light Container + some random computer parts bent to my need + Base of Dollar Tree Wine Cup

« Last Edit: 17 October 2012, 17:26:44 by jasper_ward »

jasper_ward

• Corporal
  • The Wolf Pack Expands
Re: (Heroscape) My Homemade Terrain
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2012, 17:29:11 »
Thought I'd share a more complete view of my project... I still need to make 4-6 more of those walls, and finish the highrise (and once I find a way to paint it that I like do 6-8 more)

john blackwell

• Lieutenant
  • putting on a happy face
Re: (Heroscape) My Homemade Terrain
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2012, 18:35:07 »
I love the terrain. 

If I might make one suggestion . . . I put bits of styrene under the base in the gap between the hexes.  It will keep the terrain piece from slipping if the table gets bumped.  Something like this:

This styrene is .080" X .188" (or 2mm thick and 4.8mm wide).  I'm sure you can find something equivalent that will do just as well.

Keep the terrain coming!
JB
One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off
Pro pacis par vox excellens