Author Topic: (NOT BT) Come to the city of the damned, we have cookies and DEATH!!! (EDIT 2)  (Read 4133 times)

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
  • When in doubt throw more metal at it
For Klat and myself's sanity, we have decided to Run through Mordheim here soon. So I dusted off my old terrain from the boxed set and realized that hey! The cardboard buildings have not aged well. After about $20 worth of materials later here is what I created.

So I ended up getting one of the windows on this messed up which later on I decided to hack out. Glad I did as it gives it a bit more character.

after getting the basic construction down, I added the plastic bits to the building and went on to see how it measured up to the rest of the set. I think it turned out quite well.

After adding a base to the building and some popsical sticks for the wooden floor I set out to painting, I added my Skaven warband to see how they fit, quite well I must say.

Once the painting was finished I set out and tried to recreate the rest of the terrain peices. However I realized that for the longer/larger sets I would have needed another 5 wooden plates for the bases, so I held off on those and went a little freestyle. My goal is for about 4x4 ft worth of terrain and roads. I ended up with about 6 buildings so far.

When I was buying trees from the christmas crap at Dollar tree I found a brick road. All the buildings will get Graffiti blood spatters and street signs eventually. Need to finish the ladders and some other odds and ends. I also picked up some square wooden blocks which I will convert over to crates as time permits and if I can find a wood burning tool cheaply

EDIT: More progress on my Mordheim city terrain.

Three more unfinished buildings added, nearly done with one of the three now. And I added a haloween display fountain as its not a city of the damned if there is no fountain of blood. Two more of the buildings need to be converted over.

« Last Edit: 02 October 2013, 23:55:06 by clansittingducks »
One score and seven years ago, our FASAs brought forth upon this world a new hobby: conceived in giant stompiness, and dedicated to the proposition that all miniatures are created equal (except in scale).
-Worktroll

john blackwell

• Lieutenant
  • putting on a happy face
Re: (NOT BT) Come to the city of the damned, we have cookies and DEATH!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2013, 14:09:01 »
Nicely done!

JB
One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off
Pro pacis par vox excellens

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2013, 22:42:17 »
thanks dude
One score and seven years ago, our FASAs brought forth upon this world a new hobby: conceived in giant stompiness, and dedicated to the proposition that all miniatures are created equal (except in scale).
-Worktroll

HavocTheWarDog

• Captain
  • Lead or Follow, but get outa my way!
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2013, 08:00:16 »
Pretty cool, can't wait to see your finished city!
 O0
"Veni Vidi Vici"

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2013, 14:11:52 »
Ive got lots of terrain to use, but I want to make sure this set is easily transported
-Worktroll

Dragoon1

• Warrant Officer
    • http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/GrungeVibe/dragoons.gif[/IMG]
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2013, 22:21:21 »
Nice! Good luck finding warp stone.  O0 :) [skull]

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2013, 22:50:03 »
Ah, damn! How I loved Mordheim! The only real GW game I ever really played - but a great game and a fantastic storyline.
And... Much of the terrain could be incorporated into Battletech. I built a large scale cathedral from scratch and a series of townhouse/terrace buildings which have all doubled for mech-scale factories and Solaris arenas over the years.
One of the better terrain pieces I've seen converted was a sewer trench/river thing a mate made: it was basically a two inch wide piece of PVC pipe that he spotted into a long block and tarted up with bit of broken rubble and such as part of a "docklands" game board he'd made.
My Reiklanders got absolutely massacred by Skaven hidden in the culver because they were dug in, in cover

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2013, 16:22:10 »
Ah, damn! How I loved Mordheim! The only real GW game I ever really played - but a great game and a fantastic storyline.
And... Much of the terrain could be incorporated into Battletech. I built a large scale cathedral from scratch and a series of townhouse/terrace buildings which have all doubled for mech-scale factories and Solaris arenas over the years.
One of the better terrain pieces I've seen converted was a sewer trench/river thing a mate made: it was basically a two inch wide piece of PVC pipe that he spotted into a long block and tarted up with bit of broken rubble and such as part of a "docklands" game board he'd made.
My Reiklanders got absolutely massacred by Skaven hidden in the culver because they were dug in, in cover

I do love the game, kinda pissed GW stopped supporting it. My fave memory was a dwarf beardling that killed 7 skaven, never once killed. He was painted with a red shirt and named yeoman johnson
-Worktroll

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2013, 20:42:06 »
No pictures yet, but the terrain is coming along quite well. I am now at the stage of adding color and character to each building. The one from the first shot (town house that is mostly intact) has gotten flocking, tall grass and graffiti. What would you guys like to see? Any suggestions send 'em my way! I also plan on making some Wanted posters to sprinkle around the set. Any imaged you guys have of fantasy character headshots send them my way to, and if you want to be added, come up with an appropriately sounding grimdark fantasy name and I shall add you.
-Worktroll

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
-Worktroll

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Very nice!

Nice looking mini and I particularly like the blood spewing fountain

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
Very nice!

Nice looking mini and I particularly like the blood spewing fountain

You can always make room for the blood spewing fountain
-Worktroll

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer

fortified manor remains before

and after

Gate house type thing. 9 hours of misfits and heavy metal went into the construction of these last three buildings.

not like it affected the design and color fluff on them, not one bit.

Nearly finished with these, then I can dust off the figures and start owning face

http://mclarensflankersdepot.blogspot.com/2013/10/more-mordheim-nearly-done-no-less.html full shots here
« Last Edit: 02 October 2013, 23:56:16 by clansittingducks »
-Worktroll

clansittingducks

• Warrant Officer
Its been a while. New terrain coming in here soon. I may have found a castle kit that I can use. Let's hope I can get it in time
-Worktroll

Register