Author Topic: Burn-In Designs office building  (Read 1761 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Burn-In Designs office building
« on: 27 March 2018, 15:14:51 »
This is one of a set of buildings I got from Burn-In Designs two years ago, slowly put together and painted as time went on.  They sat with just a single coat until I found a window set up that I liked from a FB group.  Another coat, the window backing and then painted the trim.  The tower on top of the larger part is NOT glued in, it can be removed if needed and slots in firmly.  It can be its own building and has for a game or two.  I am working on building a helipad that I can drop into the opening using a few other bits of wood to give it a good seat like the tower.  I will probably have to make some sort of roof access, which should look like what is on top of MOE's on the other topic.

I am thinking about adding on a drainspout on corners to help hide where they are joined.  The building will eventually sit on a set of hexes with tabs to keep it firmly in the same place and I will do some landscaping with flock and clump foilage.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Burn-In Designs office building
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 03:46:39 »
how did you do the windows?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2018, 07:39:23 »
I picked that up from the FB group.  I got a sheet of gold foil paper from the scrapbook section, cut to size and then glued it in.  The tower's pieces are just stuck in w/o glue the paper is thick/rigid enough to stay.

I am going to use the same stuff underneath black painted cross-stitch material cut to the proper size to make a office type building.  Its just a bit more work intensive than I thought at first.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2018, 07:50:57 »
Nice work. I really like the windows. I have their spaceport set and really like it. Planning to pick up some more stuff from them at some point.

Register