Author Topic: gcmini experiences?  (Read 2186 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
gcmini experiences?
« on: 30 August 2018, 07:31:06 »
Has anyone used/seen the 6mm terrain from GCmini.com? Seems like they've got a nice selection, but I was hoping to learn more about their quality before I buy anything. Their fortress walls may be exactly what I want for Castle Brian defenses.

Thanks!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Wotan

• Lieutenant
Re: gcmini experiences?
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2018, 10:46:12 »
I'm happy with it. Service and quality was good. Just ordered once, so might not be the best reference. ;)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2018, 22:11:22 »
Pretty good prices

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2018, 09:44:46 »
I know he also has real good prices on his bases:

http://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/1-75-bases/

And even made a few different styles up for me when I asked.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Kibutsu

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2018, 13:27:39 »
Good quality, fair prices, good service, fast shipping. You can't go wrong.

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 13 September 2018, 02:01:21 »
I'd also like to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this company.  Alan and co. do a great job, wonderfully prompt service.  The one down-side (and this isn't so bad, but I feel it needs to be mentioned) is that instructions aren't provided.  That said, the kits are largely self-explanatory.  I also want to note that the garage doors on the acrylic kits are easier to paint up than the ones on the mat board kits; the matboard garage doors are very fragile and so if a particular color is desired it's best to paint them before hand using a fine spray (airbrush or can, but nothing textured).

In spite of these things, they are my go-to mini terrain company, and I buy from them regularly.  They also offer a kind of rewards program as an automatic part of their site.  They track what is spent on the account, and once you reach certain thresholds you're able to use a one-time discount off an order.
Hayden

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2018, 06:10:38 »
OK. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

R4360

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2018, 08:02:36 »
Allen sells good stuff at reasonable prices. I've posted some pics of the stuff I have here:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=55726.0

There's some non GC stuff in there as well toward the end, but it's clearly identified as such.

Register