Author Topic: 3D modular terrain in development, looking for beta testers  (Read 1553 times)

Lorescape

• Recruit
Hi guys.

I am the designer of an upcoming 3D terrain system called Lorescape. Its a 32mm (~1.25 inch) injection moulded, interlocking and stacking hex system which we believe will be suitable for Battletech maps, given its high customizability and ease of use creating terrain with height relief etc.

here are some alpha tiles, which are just plain colours:

And a pre-production prototype sample, with printed textures on the tiles.

We are looking for some regular, experienced Battletech players to get some free kits, experiment with them, and give us feedback. We arent battletech players, so I know there is a lot of insight we could get from some people who are. We are Europe based, so European players would be preferable, but USA is possible if not.

Thanks!

James

hawkins180

• Sergeant
Re: 3D modular terrain in development, looking for beta testers
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2023, 15:03:54 »
Those look AMAZING.

I'm in Canada, but I'd love to get my hands on those. And I know my local group would help as well.
"Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well-laid trap. " GLaDOS

Lorescape

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2023, 18:54:11 »
Well that's great; we are especially looking for people who play in groups and can get some more extensive feedback. We already have one person in Canada being sent a test kit so it's not all that big an issue.

I will DM you some details.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2023, 20:13:00 »
I'll be assist-GMing a game this weekend, and will speak to the head GM about this... it looks VERY cool! :)

Lorescape

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2023, 20:44:06 »
I'll be assist-GMing a game this weekend, and will speak to the head GM about this... it looks VERY cool! :)

Super, I'll dm you some details.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 10 November 2023, 22:58:07 »
PM response should be in your inbox, good sir! :)

Lorescape

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 16 November 2023, 06:36:55 »
Some images of an actual map set up using Alpha tiles. beta tiles for the testing will be more natural plastic colours and have high-resolution printed surfaces

Next week I am going to a wargaming shop to meet a group of battletech players and we will play an actual game on the product so I'll have some images of that soon.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2023, 06:39:49 by Lorescape »

hawkins180

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2023, 13:51:06 »
 :cheesy: even at the prototype stage, they look really good.
"Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well-laid trap. " GLaDOS

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 16 November 2023, 17:14:09 »
I look forward to pics of the game! :)